Cancelled Flat 4 Drive 25 Sep 10am

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Cancelled Flat 4 Drive 25 Sep 10am

Post by neilbardsley »

The 25 of September is drive your 356 day so seems like a good day for the flat 4 drive.

I think we will start at Burton Dassett and finish at Caffeine and Machine. Normally that requires buying a £10 entry ticket. If that is an issue I will pick somewhere else. If we have a good attendance I will see if we can have the court yard for a display.

Normal itinerary. Met up for a chat, then go for a drive and some food afterwards. Seeing that this might be our 5th I will see if I can get Charlie to do some stickers.

Let me know on here if you are interested but also please feel free to turn up on the day.

Hopefully this time one of my cars doesn't go home on the back of a recovery lorry.

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
70sThrowback
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Flat 4 Drive 25 Sep 10am

Post by 70sThrowback »

sounds fun, unfortunately I am away that weekend already otherwise would have been interested.
Jonny

Current custodian of 1976 Porsche 912E, 1973 VW Camper
Anta
DDK above all

Post by Anta »

Hmmm, I am in Majorca, will see if I can get an earlier flight!
Carrera 2.7 MFI 1974
Taycan 2022
993 C2 Coupe 1996 - SOLD
912 Coupe 1968 - SOLD
550 Spyder - SOLD
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

I've had no positive responses and see that classics at the castle is on the same date so I think I will cancel this

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Flat 4 Drive 25 Sep 10am

Post by jeremyg »

neilbardsley wrote:I've had no positive responses and see that classics at the castle is on the same date so I think I will cancel this

Just a thought Neil - and I know I’m not likely to be in the flat four club any more - but if, like me, many people long hauling to Classics at the Castle often want somewhere to stay over in the Saturday night - how’s about an Essex air-cooled drive out on the Saturday afternoon and a fun group stay-over at a pub/hotel somewhere countrified before convoying in to C at the C? If allowed I’d join in on that with my 71 flat 6..
SeanP
I luv DDK!

Post by SeanP »

jeremyg wrote:
neilbardsley wrote:I've had no positive responses and see that classics at the castle is on the same date so I think I will cancel this

Just a thought Neil - and I know I’m not likely to be in the flat four club any more - but if, like me, many people long hauling to Classics at the Castle often want somewhere to stay over in the Saturday night - how’s about an Essex air-cooled drive out on the Saturday afternoon and a fun group stay-over at a pub/hotel somewhere countrified before convoying in to C at the C? If allowed I’d join in on that with my 71 flat 6..
What a good idea!
Neil how about an Essex drive out to somewhere like PRS or Karmann Konnection and then onto lunch/dinner somewhere near near the castle?
1966 912
1969 912/6 hotish rod in build
1974 914 Dead
LI 125 Lambretta (Yeah right it’s a 125)
Mini Cooper s
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

SeanP wrote:
jeremyg wrote:

What a good idea!
Neil how about an Essex drive out to somewhere like PRS or Karmann Konnection and then onto lunch/dinner somewhere near near the castle?
You know me - I’m full of good ideas Sean. Trouble is I expect PRS and Karmann will be busy setting up their stands at the castle - but you know Essex better than I do. Maybe Andy Prill or Maxted Page or maybe even some Essex collector might open their doors for a private view? We can ask around or no doubt someone on here knows? And to turn it into a memorable weekend maybe there’s a nice country hotel that we could get a good rate at within decent drive of the castle?
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

How fast will the drive be? Will I need to bring my racing gloves?

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

neilbardsley wrote:How fast will the drive be? Will I need to bring my racing gloves?

Of course.
SeanP
I luv DDK!

Post by SeanP »

neilbardsley wrote:How fast will the drive be? Will I need to bring my racing gloves?

Dunno what you are talking about!

We are all a bunch of sedate driving NIMBY's here in deepest north Essex.

Bring your gloves just in case.

HANG ON. HANG ON...... Have not I read somewhere that you have bought a load of go faster gizmos for your 356 somewhere? Some fancy pants CDI ignition and Carlos Fandango Super Wide Wheels? All just for show and not for go no doubt. Get yourself up Sarfend seafront on Saturday evening with the other go faster types in their Saxo's, racing up and down the road!
1966 912
1974 914 Dead
Mini Cooper s
SeanP
I luv DDK!

Post by SeanP »

Andy Prill had an open day the day before CATC a few years ago
He does have some very nice cars going through his workshops

Neil it might be an idea to ask them if they would entertain it, have a drive and Prill's. Duxford is also a good place to meet up then set a route from there over to Prills workshops, (you should know the roads like the back of your hand by now!!!!)
1966 912
1974 914 Dead
Mini Cooper s
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

I know this is blasphemy but there will be rather a large enough of nice cars the next day might be interesting to do something none car related?

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

neilbardsley wrote:I know this is blasphemy but there will be rather a large enough of nice cars the next day might be interesting to do something none car related?

Sure - go ahead and try us on something. Better be sexy - not many takers at the moment. Where did all the flat four owners go? They can’t all have sold up like me.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Sry I don't have any firm ideas. Just making suggestions

Seven
DDK above all

Post by Seven »

jeremyg wrote:
neilbardsley wrote:I know this is blasphemy but there will be rather a large enough of nice cars the next day might be interesting to do something none car related?

Sure - go ahead and try us on something. Better be sexy - not many takers at the moment. Where did all the flat four owners go? They can’t all have sold up like me.
Sorry its been a while since I checked back in on DDK but an Essex drive would be a great idea from my point of view and would love to join in and see the old gang again :P
1968 Porsche 912
1960 Vespa 150