Die Garage der Schande

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: Die Garage der Schande

Post by RobFrost »

Bootsy wrote:Love the cabinet
It's a proper Drew Pritchard job. Wonderful patina, really well made. Brass yale lock. You would not believe the weight of it. The auction house quoted £90 to drop it off. I thought sod that, I can hire a van for £50. I reckon it was made by a safe maker. Needless to say, by the time we had it in situ, my brother and I were cursing that decision. We actually took the side door of the garage off its hinges so as to have to move it less.

There were actually two of them in the auction and it was a real shame to separate them, but I couldn't find space for the other.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

911hillclimber wrote: There will be that nagging question in your mind when you need something 'wonder where I put that because i think i have one (somewhere)'
I passed the point some time ago where I began buying a second copy of things because I can't find the one I know I already have somewhere :(

I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

I'm sorry to admit that I've had a relapse. In my enthusiasm dismantling this engine I've got carried away and been placing cam covers, an air box, mfi system, and bags of nuts, bolts and other parts on top of everything else.

I'm pausing for a moment to create some new storage. Every square foot had something on it. So the plan is... to go UP!

I figure the area above this walkway could have some storage in the ceiling above head height.

First batten on the wall with a few concrete bolts.

RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

This shelf will be made entirely out of bits and bobs I kept because they might be useful one day - joist offcuts, some spare hangers, a nail gun I wasn't sure I'd ever use again... I'm taking this as vindicating my hoarding habits.

Batten the opposite side and some joists across:

And a diagonal to make use of a little extra space.

RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

Amazing what you can find hiding away in a cluttered garage. The chipboard I thought I had was nowhere to be found, but finding this 8x4 sheet of ply tucked behind the racking was a surprise.

New shelf finished

First item out of the way!