Fully restored 1976 Porsche 914 2.0 in Nepal orange

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

shandyhaggis
DDK rules my life!

Fully restored 1976 Porsche 914 2.0 in Nepal orange

Post by shandyhaggis »

For Sale

Fully restored 1976 Porsche 914 2.0 in Nepal orange with refurbished black leather and orange plaid interior. 5-speed manual with a newly rebuilt engine and specially commissioned modern EFI system installed.

The car is registered in the United Kingdom and is MOT and Road tax-exempt (UK only).

VIN is 4762902668. Vehicle number 2668 of 4100 was manufactured in 1976 and makes this car one of the very last 914’s to have been made. The odometer currently shows 43122 miles.

The engine number is GA003521. The engine has been fully rebuilt and has the benefit of a newly installed modern EFI system.

The car spent its life in California until it was imported to the UK as a restoration project in March 2011. The restoration took 9-years and cost approximately £46k. To date, the car has covered only 150 miles covered since completion last year.

Restoration details:-
The car was totally stripped of all parts to a bare shell - engine, interior, wiring loom, glass etc.

The body has been professionally repaired and repainted. Body repair work focussing on the battery tray area, notorious hellhole, driver’s side floor, front bonnet lip, front boot floor. A strengthening kit was also added at the time. Any cavities e.g. central tunnel and heater pipe tunnels were extensively treated with wax oil. The underside also is wax oil treated.

The 2.0 litre flat-four engine was professionally rebuilt by Greatworth Classics. The cylinder heads were replaced with new heads, a new FF73 cam was fitted along with new 96 mm Keith Black pistons making the engine 2056cc. Many other new parts were added in the process, a full list is available if required. In addition, I commissioned GWC to build and install a brand new fuel injection system using an Omex 600 ECU, new injectors etc. The EFI work along with engine rebuild, and general re-commissioning work with GWC totaled over £17k alone.

As part of the restoration, the following works were undertaken:-

- Brand new wiring loom
- Reconditioned brake calipers
- Brand new discs and pads
- Brand new brake pipes
- Brand new 911 brake master cylinder
- Brand new suspension
- Brand new 911 tie rods
- Refurbished (and re-sealed) fuel tank
- Brand new fuel lines (high pressure required for fuel injection)
- Brand new fuel pump (high pressure required for fuel injection). Fuel pump is fitted with a separate switch in the cabin
- Brand new wheels and tyres
- Refurbished spare wheel with a new tyre
- Brand new clutch, accelerator cable, speedo cable, handbrake cable etc
- Brand new pedals and bushes with refurbished pedal box
- Brand new chrome parts (all replaced apart from the chrome strip on the rear roll bar as this isn’t available anymore)
- Brand new rubber seals (all)
- Brand new door handles with all lock pins changed (doors and boot) to work with 1 key
- Brand new wing mirrors
- Brand new vinyl on the roof roll bar
- Roof refurbished and new lining and rubber seals added
- Electric motor added to washer bottle (original washer bottle worked from spare wheel air pressure)
- Brand new front headlamps
- Brand new rear light lenses (UK)
- Brand new front indicator lenses (UK)
- Refurbished front and rear bumpers
- Refurbished exhaust
- New heater pipes
- Refurbished front and rear aprons, as well as sill covers (with new stoppers), painted in gloss black.
- Reconditioned starter motor and alternator
- Brand new battery
- Brand new windscreen
- Replacement Steering Wheel

Interior refurbishment includes:-
- Dashboard cracks repaired and dashboard recovered in new black vinyl to match original covering
- New dashboard facia created and covered in vinyl to match original.
- Seats totally refurbished using black leather and new orange tartan plaid (specially made and imported from the US) to match the original seats
- New door cards made from fiberglass (imported from the US) covered in leather
- Rear firewall pad recovered in black leather
- New carpet set
- New floor mats (914 50th anniversary edition)
- Centre arm reset refurbished in black leather
- New drivers door bin (fiberglass) covered in black leather
- Refurbished and modernized Blaupunkt 1970’s Frankfurt radio and new speakers. Radio has been updated to work with ipod

New parts were mainly sourced from Porsche in the UK, Mittelmotor (Germany), Auto Atlanta (USA). I have an inventory of invoices and parts to support the restoration work as well as multiple photos which are available on request.

Every part has been replaced with new or the original part has been refurbished. As a result, the car looks and drives like new.

The odometer showed 42969 on completing the restoration (verified by my last GWC invoice). The odometer now shows 43122 miles so since the rebuild the car has covered only 153 miles.

The car has been fastidiously restored and I have applied meticulous attention to detail. However, if I’m being critical there are one or two tiny scratches caused by me as I was rebuilding the car and there is a tiny area of bubbling on the driver’s side wing, which is hardly noticeable.

ImageIMG_4152 by Andrew Brown, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4134 by Andrew Brown, on Flickr

Many more photos available. The car is located just outside Burton on Trent in Staffordshire.

Please contact me andrew-brown@hotmail.co.uk or 07770564557 if you are interested.

I'd like in the region of £35k

Many thanks

Andrew
1976 914 2.0 (Orange now without Brown flecks)
2016 BMW X3 3.0d
2020 Globe Car 640 Summit