The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

sng45
DDK rules my life!

DDK Boxster club !

Post by sng45 »

I had this delivered today,

https://www.seymourpope.com/vehicle-det ... hire-u302/

Boxster "S", great spec' - switchable exhaust, GT4 Quick change manual gear box, Alcantara steering wheel, 20" wheels - love it !

I had one new in 2013 and then a 718, prefer this, fantastic to drive
210bhp
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: DDK Boxster club !

Post by 210bhp »

That does look rather lovely. I had my first run in a boxster at the weekend and was impressed. I’m loving the colour combo on your new purchase.
Congrats.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Looks lovely
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Ashley James
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Ashley James »

Well done! Great colours too. I’m sure you’ll love it. Boxsters are a bargain by Porsche standards and in many ways a better car than a 911, especially one you could get for that money.

My 718 handled and steered better than my 987 which wasn’t that fast. The 718 was fitted with grip less Pirellis ( Michelins on 987 but handling wasn’t so good), presumably to position it below more expensive models. Most annoying was that it kept breaking down.

Battery failed, turbo wastegate jammed, indicator switch failed, heater motor failed, software crashed twice and it wouldn’t demist the drivers window, but most infuriating of all was that all the paint chipped off the sills and front of the rear wings. The 987 has protective plastic from new, but not the 718, so they repainted it and I had to pay for the plastic. Subsequently and as a result of customer ire, they’ve relented and now come with stone chip guards.

It miffed me off mightily so I’m back in a Merc, which is a bit quicker than the 987 and as trouble free as it’s two predecessors.

I do hope the 981 is a success
Last edited by Ashley James on Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

The 981 is a great looking car, but a friend has/had one from new, a 6 pot 2.7, always garaged, never used on a wet day as he only does open top motoring in his. Loves the way it goes and drives, but the last indie inspection highlighted a list of faults like A/C doesn't work, leaking front coolant pipes, brakes and some intermittent switching.
It has 26K in 5 years.
Very disappointed, and the OPC was far than helpful, "why no buy another nice new one?"

My 987.2 is now almost 70K miles old and I've ironed-out a lot of the issues the car had and developed over the last 5 years, all DIY where I could except for the diagnostics.

PCGB Boxster forum were really helpful as was a great indie I found, Zuffenhaus in south Birmingham.

It is now a great little car, not powerful enough with 252 bhp but still a great touring car.

Hope your will go and continue to as well as it looks!
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
KS

Post by KS »

Looks perfect – just needs PDK to be perfect! :)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Really lovely spec, so many Boxster's are black on black :roll: , enjoy, I love my 2.7 987.
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
Nine One One

Post by Nine One One »

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/boxs ... bace5cdd91

Boxster at 25: Driving the car that saved Porsche
The Porsche Boxster saved the company from collapse, but the German sports car maker needed Mazda and Toyota to show it the light. We drive the original, and compare it with the latest Boxster 25 Years edition.
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

Went to a PCGB regional event last Wednesday where the region head bought his 25 celebration Boxster.
Lovely car, slightly blingy interior details to my taste, but overall a real beauty.

But:::

Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

Because I never learn, I’m looking at one tomorrow :roll: I did look at 911s but they’re so much more money for nothing that I’d appreciate.
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

Proverbs 26-11
I never learn, but I am delighted with it. This time with far more caution and research, I’ve even offered for a beautiful red 992 Carrera, but was refused and I’m glad because my Tesla shares rocketed afterwards. I still like the idea of mid engines and prefer the size and look of Boxster.

This is an everything on it 981S with sports seats adaptive suspension, exhaust etc and only 14,500 miles. So far I love it, the ride is softer than my 718 and the car seems quieter. Time will tell, right now I’m pretty excited.

911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

O blood interior?
Bet interior I've seen in a Boxster.
Better luck with it!
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

Thank you very much, so far I’m surprised and delighted by it. The multi-adjustable seats are a lot better than the ones in the 718 and the ride is even better because it has the adjustable dampers. The engine is also quieter. Time will tell.
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

My 987.2/2009/2.9 simple Spec Boxster hits 70K very soon, so booked the car into my trusty Indie to get a Stamp.

70K is a MAJOR Service, so all the oils, inc box (manual), plugs, brake fluid and belt.
All done while I waited (5 hours).
£590 all in.

Asked Chris how the car was, "Mint" really nice car.
No leaks, no stains just all ok. Thank you1

Car dashed it's way back home down the M42/M5 and a myriad of A roads all choked with School Runners and White Van men all late for the next job.

God, this makes me so pleased to be retired. :)

You still in Love Ashley?

Doing all this again next year! :drunken:

Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

I haven’t used it much yet, but I prefer it to its predecessors. The ride, comfort and noise levels are better, it’s better looking and I don’t find the lack of power an issue.

I find it infuriating that so many road testers squeal with delight when they drive the six and rubbish the 4, which in real terms is a faster car. They have peak torque from under 2000rpm and shoot off like a rocket from any speed where the sixes have to be above 4000 to do the same. Instead they say the gears are “too long”.

981 has a quieter engine and more sound deadening than the 987 and the 718’s, which I like, is mechanically thrashier than the 981.

I’m very happy and relieved that it hasn’t got a load of restoration work needing doing, which was guaranteed had I bought any oldie.

One final observation is that the steering isn’t as good as the 718 or the 987, or more surprising, my Merc. It’s not an issue, just a feeling.