A bit macabre.....

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
Dougieboy1
I luv DDK!

A bit macabre.....

Post by Dougieboy1 »

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/ ... ~rrauction#

you can certainly see why he didnt survive......
1972 911S
1944 VW Schwimmwagen (originally a Porsche typ128, eventually VW166)
A bunch of other crap (according to my wife)
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: A bit macabre.....

Post by RobFrost »

Dougieboy1 wrote:https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/ ... ~rrauction#

you can certainly see why he didnt survive......
As a boy, one of my best friends had a poster of James Dean on his bedroom wall. When he grew up he was a real poster boy himself, not dissimilar looking to James Dean, with beautiful hair and a quiff. He always drove a fast car - and he always drove a car fast, and he was never without a stunning girlfriend. In fact he often had more than one and I recall the decision of which girl to choose tormenting him during many beers on multiple occasions.

I remember being in the car with him one time, his dad's 2 litre vauxhall astra, and thinking he's going to kill us with this driving as he overtook at about 90mph in a 30 or 40 limit.

Anyway, he lived life to the full, spent all his money on drink, drugs, fast cars and beautiful women, and aged 31 he had a heart attack and subsequently died - tragically leaving a one year old son behind.

Despite his flaws he was a very kind soul indeed who cared deeply about people and wore his heart on his sleeve. He wasn't afraid to put his arm around you and tell you that he loved you. He's missed by many people, but it's kinda spooky how his life mirrored that of his idol.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.