Does anyone know this car, or can view it (for ££££)?

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Does anyone know this car, or can view it (for ££££)?

Post by KS »

Or can go to see it in person? For an American friend who's interested and has put a returnable holding deposit on it.

Does anyone know anything about this car? Past owners/history. Is it any good?

https://www.hexagonclassics.com/car/por ... -lhd--1960

Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
drew01356
DDK addict

Re: Does anyone know this car, or can view it (for ££££)?

Post by drew01356 »

Hi Keith
I may be able to help your friend….
BUT can I ask a couple of questions first?
Why is your American friend looking at a LHD car in the UK? As shipping back to the US would be expensive…and there are far better examples on the other side of the pond.
What is the price (POA) that Hexagon are expecting for this car?
As a starting point, without commissioning a full ‘Pre Purchase Inspection’ I would ask the vendor (Hexagon) for the following high resolution pictures and information.
1. Chassis number stamped into front trunk and steel data plate.
2. Data plates on left hand door hinge cover plate.
3. Engine number stamping and matching case numbers.
4. Front and rear hood stamped numbers.
5. Door numbers with door cards removed.
6. Gearbox number.
7. Copy of Certificate of Authenticity or Kardex
8. And finally but most importantly, photos of the whole chassis from bellow up on a lift.

Without these basic pictures and info there is no need to carry out a full ‘PPI’…..The car looks ‘nice and shinny’ but only a hands on inspection will really give your friend an idea of condition/value.
I’m in Epsom so no problem to travel to London to view, if that’s what’s required after receiving this basic list of reference pictures and info.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Drew
1944 Porsche Type 82 Kubelwagen Sold
1959 A RHD WUF 810 Sold
1959 A LHD Convertible D Sold
1959 A RHD UK car Sold
1959 A RHD South African car in the workshop now
1959 Messerschmitt Kr201 close to completion
1959 A LHD Convertible D the final project
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Factory fitted electronic timer?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
KS

Post by KS »

drew01356 wrote:Hi Keith
I may be able to help your friend….
BUT can I ask a couple of questions first?
Why is your American friend looking at a LHD car in the UK? As shipping back to the US would be expensive…and there are far better examples on the other side of the pond.
What is the price (POA) that Hexagon are expecting for this car?
As a starting point, without commissioning a full ‘Pre Purchase Inspection’ I would ask the vendor (Hexagon) for the following high resolution pictures and information.
1. Chassis number stamped into front trunk and steel data plate.
2. Data plates on left hand door hinge cover plate.
3. Engine number stamping and matching case numbers.
4. Front and rear hood stamped numbers.
5. Door numbers with door cards removed.
6. Gearbox number.
7. Copy of Certificate of Authenticity or Kardex
8. And finally but most importantly, photos of the whole chassis from bellow up on a lift.

Without these basic pictures and info there is no need to carry out a full ‘PPI’…..The car looks ‘nice and shinny’ but only a hands on inspection will really give your friend an idea of condition/value.
I’m in Epsom so no problem to travel to London to view, if that’s what’s required after receiving this basic list of reference pictures and info.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Drew
Hi Drew - thanks for that. Not sure what the deal is - it was a US friend of mine who contacted me about the car on behalf of a friend of his, but I'm not sure where he is currently domiciled. I'll pass on your message and see what he says. Cheers!
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by roy mawbey »

Keith,

That car gleams from the photos. I notice the 'gaps' as well look perfect as does the chrome. I wonder why the fuel tank looks so un-loved and the two rear seat squabs look so well worn. To spend so much maybe on the body makes me wonder why no photo of the underneath? If they were proud of the car that's the important area for sure to show prospective buyers. They also state 39,900 miles for the car no mention it could easily be 139,900 miles. Not everyone knows the speedo does not go past 100K.

These bodies that are well over 50 years old, can flex a bit and it would be interesting to see the stage photos of the how they got gap perfection and it looks like the front bonnet underside is painted black?? Why is that, its job to see.

Its why an inspection is so important and Drew knows what to look for although Hexagon should be able to allow the car to be put on their hoist to inspect the underside. Also no price is shown unless you ask? It does look good but its sale is so dependant on price. Only my thoughts!

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

The asking price is £94,995 ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”