Fuel and cable bracket in Carrera 3.2

A place for Impact Bumpers, 964 and 993 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Fuel and cable bracket in Carrera 3.2

Post by RobFrost »

I today experienced the joy of reassembling a Carrera 3.2 intake assembly without having first disassembled it myself, after a mobile mechanic who I tried out for the first time this week disassembled it and texted to cancel the return visit and will no longer take my calls. :bom:

I cannot work out where this bracket reattaches:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h8FYP2x8XH8z271D8

The attached end is bolted to a clip for two fuel lines and a cable. The detached end could go up down, behind or in front or any angle in-between.

At this moment of this video there appears to be a similar or the same bracket with the opposite end disconnected, and the connected end is possibly under one of the nylock nuts securing the throttle linkage to the engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVLkAfPUc-w&t=1300s

You have to start and immediately stop the video and possibly the same bracket is near the top left, partly obscured by a black shadowy shape.

Is anyone able to confrim where the bracket in my image attaches to the car? If it does indeed go under the nylock nut, that's not where it came out of because that nut is tight and untouched.
Last edited by RobFrost on Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
RobFrost

Re: Fuel and cable bracket in Carrera 3.2

Post by RobFrost »

Ok so I again found my little clip here and it does appear to run straight down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImrK6o2sEug&t=28m31s making the throttle assembly nylock nut seem a bit more likely.
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 911hillclimber »

I have a stock 3.2 in my '73T.
I can't open your google pictures, but if you can give a 'normal' pic of your problem I can post a picture of my relevant area tomorrow if you need help.
Mine has never been taken apart since he factory built it.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

911hillclimber wrote:I have a stock 3.2 in my '73T.
I can't open your google pictures, but if you can give a 'normal' pic of your problem I can post a picture of my relevant area tomorrow if you need help.
Mine has never been taken apart since he factory built it.
If you look at the last youtube I posted, of Heidi and Franny, start and immediately stop it to see the frame I've linked to, it's that golden galvanised bracket running directly downwards dead centre off the wire and fuel lines at the back of then engine.
RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

Ok well it's gone on where that bolt it appeared to go and it's not coming off now because I've put about 10 things back in the way now! Actually it looks perfectthere, it must be right. What threw me is that it must have not been connected before we started the job.