Thank you!

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

RoscoP
DDK Fanatic

Thank you!

Post by RoscoP »

Hi Folks,
My 58A is finally almost there after what seems like an eternity (ie 10 years!). In this time I've had bowel cancer, which inconveniently returned when I thought that all was well, in addition to many other setbacks that we all tend to suffer! When I started restoring the car the usual comment that I got was "well the roof looks good" and in truth that wasn't far from the truth!
Anyway, I digress, what I wanted to say was a heartfelt thank you to all the folks on DDK who have responded to the barrage of inane questions and requests for info and parts that I have subjected you to over the years...what would I have done without you all?! Hopefully this Covid business will finally stop ruling our lives and we'll be able to get back to some of normality motoring wise very soon; and with this in mind, if you see a 58 grey lhd A, registred 989 XVG, running on Radars please come and say hello!
I would have done a resto thread but didn't have a clue how to post photos...I'm analogue!
Once again, thanks folks and.........thank you for listening!

RoscoP.
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Thank you!

Post by KS »

Great news! Sorry to hear about your medical problems, but let's hope that your 356 goes some way to putting a permanent smile on your face!
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Sry to hear about your health issues. Hopefully see you and the car soon

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

Congratulations on the resto and see you on the road! Maybe the first DDKer to spot the car in the wild could post some pictures on here?
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Well done on the resto and enjoy your car!

Where abouts in the country are you?
The force is strong in this one ......
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Congratulations on the resto - sorry to hear about your health issues, stay strong!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by roy mawbey »

Well done keep smiling and enjoy after all those years you put in, driving it !

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
RoscoP
DDK Fanatic

Post by RoscoP »

Thanks for the messages of support folks, really appreciated. On the health front, I have my 5 year scan in November and if it's clear then I'm out the door of the Christie and set fair....way hey!
Yoda, I live in Cheshire near to Jodrell Bank so it's fairly rural but unfortunately miles away from Roger Brays, PRS etc. However I did work in the states for a while and managed to squirrel a few parts away (well tons actually) during trips home! As well as the A I have to admit that I also own an orange and black 2.8 RSR Kremer tribute car which I think a few of you have seen at the Porsche RS days at Oulton Park.....I haven't driven that for 4.5 years due to an engine builder with no appreciation of time or concept of deadlines but the latest news is that it is all but finished...fingers crossed!
Regards and thank you for listening!
Ross
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

Splendid news! I do hope you enjoy the car and I look forward to seeing it, maybe at Headingham Castle in September..
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Hi Ross

Glad you are better and hope everything stays clear for you. I have a sneaking suspicion we may have met at Oulton a while back as your RSR rep sounds familiar.

You need to figure out how to post some pics!!

Keep well
The force is strong in this one ......
louis356
I luv DDK!

Post by louis356 »

Yes, we need those pics!! (of the car!)

Well done in both respects. Here's to many happy miles in the future. :cheers:
-Macs speed shop-
V dubs and Porsche tubs
87 924S (Now dead or is it?)
62 356 (Working on it!)
66 912 (Sadly gone - but have you seen the price of it!!)
Apal speedster (Sadly gone)
BSA Bantam in bits
A35 Race car in the making (peanutracing)
RoscoP
DDK Fanatic

Post by RoscoP »

An update folks,
Went for the big switch on a few days ago only to find that the fuel petcock was totally u.s. Still the car is 63 years old! So I fitted a new kit today and will be going down to the workshop tomorrow for big switch on round 2! I know that the motor runs because we bench tested it following the rebuild but to get it running in the car is going to be a real milestone. Other than that it's all but finished and so I'll try and get some pics posted in the near future!
On the health front , my 5 year anniversary visit to the Christie will occur in early November when I (hopefully) expect to be discharged as fit and healthy...fingers crossed!
Thanks for all the kind thoughts and I'll let you know if/when the car is a runner..for the first time in over 10 years!!
Thank you for listening
RoscoP.
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

It's great to hear that your A is (almost) road-ready - hope everything goes well (on both fronts).

I'd be happy to post some photos for you if you're struggling with the technology (pm sent with my email address).

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

Photos or it didn’t happen. :bounce: :bounce:
RoscoP
DDK Fanatic

Post by RoscoP »