168k mile 997.1 GT3 Clubsport

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

168k mile 997.1 GT3 Clubsport

Post by gridgway »

Just about to put my GT3 on Collecting Cars. but realised I should mention it here first! It's the "famous" high miler. It's been serviced a lot and in my 2 year's ownership, I've put it back to standard PASM (serviced dampers by Bilstein and new rear springs) all done and set up by Centre Gravity and the LSD has been rebuilt by Fearnsport with their stronger Bellville washers. The only non standard thing on it is the sharwerks back box. Which sounds fab. It comes in at about 102db static when the quiet track day exhaust tips are fitted. So no good for a 98 day, but still ok for quite a few track days. I don't think it's done a huge amount of track work in its life, but I can't be sure. I do know the owner who did the mega miles and that was touring all over Europe and not track days.

The PO did a day and stuffed it in the gravel. No major damage done (Fearsnsport cleared out the gravel and checked it over after), but there is some gravel rash in front of the driver's door.

Anyway, it's there, all working ok (apart from the clock), very well looked after, engine has a clean bill of heath from Fearnsport at its service this year. Gearbox is a bit notchy when the box is cold on a cold morning (as they do) but frees up very quickly with a bit of warmth after the first half dozen changes. A very, very cost-effecting way to experience the fabled 997.1 GT3 clubsport at circa £52k pre Collecting Cars.

Any interest, let me know. If you want to look at the pics, you know where to look!

Cheers
Graham