Rennsport Collective

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Rennsport Collective

Post by anglophone1 »

Good- see you tomorrow either at 0945 or on site!
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
Chris_911
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Chris_911 »

No idea who this is :wink:

ImageKS-1 by Chris Tarling, on Flickr
"Racing is Life. Anything that happens before, or after, is just waiting."

1988 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe
2006 Honda VFR800 Vtec
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Sorry to have missed you Chris.

I have forgotten what a magical place Stowe is. I will be returning soon to explore more. It only takes me 30 mins to get there.

Nice to catch up with people and meet some new enthusiasts.

Skye and I stopped on the way home for a walk in the woods near Silverstone.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Just got home ... what a stunning location. Great to meet up with everyone, it’s been too long.
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

Missed meeting you James- bugger!
Heres some picImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
Flachbau -in progress
hot66

Post by hot66 »

With it being so spread out it never really saw that many people

A few point and shoot pics from me

James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

Thanks for posting the pictures guys. All looked pretty thin on the ground attendance wise, but looks like you had a good time. Congratulations to the organisers for holding their nerve and making it happen in 2020.
KS

Post by KS »

Against all odds, a great day out among friends. Here's to next year!
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

I think Paul did a great job in the face of real difficulty and pulled it off for all of us.
Well worth an 11 hour journey each way IMO- who knows when we can next do anything else like this to keep us all sane.
C
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
Flachbau -in progress
Chris_911
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Chris_911 »

anglophone1 wrote:I think Paul did a great job in the face of real difficulty and pulled it off for all of us.
Well worth an 11 hour journey each way IMO- who knows when we can next do anything else like this to keep us all sane.
C
I couldn't agree more Clive!
Gotta take every opportunity we can to do stuff like this in view of the situation.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k2DRkV]Image
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k2zq2C]Image
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k2DdhL]Image
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k2Ddi7]Image
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k2DRk9]Image
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2k2zq2N]Image
"Racing is Life. Anything that happens before, or after, is just waiting."

1988 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe
2006 Honda VFR800 Vtec
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Looks great. I sadly decided not to go in the light of Boris' announcement. Mrs Ridg isn't all that well so we decided it was safer to cancel :(
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Any other comments/photos from those that attended - Dave/Kirk/etc ?

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

Clip from an email I sent to Paul Geudon today:

Hi Paul
I just wanted to say a huge “thank you” for persevering with the Rennsport event on Sunday against overwhelming odds!
Just imagine if you’d decided on a week later……………………………..
I think everyone both old and new friends desperately needed to “get out and do something” and “meet up with some other folk” – few if any opportunities to do this this year.
Saturday PM saw an afternoon run out to Bibury and back in my “new” 914 – mostly in the sunshine- so all in all a great weekend- well wort the full days travel by road and ferry needed each way.
You’ll definitely see me again at next year’s event- if not elsewhere- let’s all hope it’s possible?
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
Flachbau -in progress
BILLY BEAN
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by BILLY BEAN »

Lightweight_911 wrote:.

Andy, no.photographs from me as I rarely take pictures when attending events. The remarkable thing is that this event took place at all for reasons which are pretty obvious. Care was taken to ensure people remained 'safe' and attendees were very responsible and compliant. The location could not be faulted as Stowe is an architectural gem within a splendid 'park land' setting.

The display cars that were due from Europe were prevented from coming so the numbers were down in that regard. The display cars that were present had a good deal of variety but many were familiar to me as a minor Porsche anorak. I would suspect many of the paying punters were not familiar with most of the display vehicles but obviously I am speculating.
The attendees , in the main, came in modern water cooled fare. There were notable exceptions: 914, two 356 and a sprinkling of pre 1973 911s in various guises.There were a few of the usual suspects present of course, including KS, Darren, JT Parr, Paul Howells and Dave O'Connor amongst others. The event provided an opportunity to catch-up face to distanced face with DDK members and a few PCGB people. For me this was a real positive and an opportunity to talk a bit of Porsche bollocks. This has only been my second opportunity to do so this year.
Porsche parking was not particularly well handled but most attendees seemed to sort themselves out
Fortunately and contrary to my expectations the rain stayed away whilst I was there between 10.30 am and 1.30 pm. If it had rained I think it would have made a difficult circumstance just a little worse.
I have read on other Porsche forums criticism of the event from "not another event" to "it was a damp squibb". This is only the second running of the event and such things take time to grow and develop into a mature event. The organiser should be congratulated and encouraged to do it again in more favourable times. If it takes place next year I will definately attend.
Rust Never Sleeps
anglophone1

Post by anglophone1 »

BILLY BEAN wrote:
Lightweight_911 wrote:.

Andy, no.photographs from me as I rarely take pictures when attending events. The remarkable thing is that this event took place at all for reasons which are pretty obvious. Care was taken to ensure people remained 'safe' and attendees were very responsible and compliant. The location could not be faulted as Stowe is an architectural gem within a splendid 'park land' setting.

The display cars that were due from Europe were prevented from coming so the numbers were down in that regard. The display cars that were present had a good deal of variety but many were familiar to me as a minor Porsche anorak. I would suspect many of the paying punters were not familiar with most of the display vehicles but obviously I am speculating.
The attendees , in the main, came in modern water cooled fare. There were notable exceptions: 914, two 356 and a sprinkling of pre 1973 911s in various guises.There were a few of the usual suspects present of course, including KS, Darren, JT Parr, Paul Howells and Dave O'Connor amongst others. The event provided an opportunity to catch-up face to distanced face with DDK members and a few PCGB people. For me this was a real positive and an opportunity to talk a bit of Porsche bollocks. This has only been my second opportunity to do so this year.
Porsche parking was not particularly well handled but most attendees seemed to sort themselves out
Fortunately and contrary to my expectations the rain stayed away whilst I was there between 10.30 am and 1.30 pm. If it had rained I think it would have made a difficult circumstance just a little worse.
I have read on other Porsche forums criticism of the event from "not another event" to "it was a damp squibb". This is only the second running of the event and such things take time to grow and develop into a mature event. The organiser should be congratulated and encouraged to do it again in more favourable times. If it takes place next year I will definately attend.
Totally agree- see my email to Paul in previous post.
It’s so easy to criticise other people’s stuff- especially if you never create anything yourself!
P.s, There were 3 914s
Last edited by anglophone1 on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
Flachbau -in progress