Now sold - 1973 Porsche 914 1.7 Olympic Blue - updated 10/09

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

AndrewSlater
I luv DDK!

Now sold - 1973 Porsche 914 1.7 Olympic Blue - updated 10/09

Post by AndrewSlater »

Now sold (within DDK)

Update to the original advert to answer a few questions I've been asked and to reduce the price to prompt some more interest.

Price modified to £9,000 for any DDK'er as I would like it to go to a new home.

Answers to questions:
The car is fitted with Yokohama A Drive tyres all round. The fronts show about 7mm of tread and the rears 6mm.
The wheels are Gas burner replicas.
The car is fitted with a recent Varta C6 Silver battery.
Yes the car is tax exempt historic vehicle, you need to apply for it but costs nothing.
Yes the car is MOT exempt also.

I have to say I keep seeing project cars on eBay for £6-7K, this one is already UK registered, has passed MOTs and has had at least £3K of parts spent on it on interior, seals, brakes etc since I have owned it.

I have decided to sell my 1973 Olympic Blue Porsche 914 1.7.
Along with my '66 912 and '74 911 I don't see me getting any time to drive it seriously anytime soon.

I've had it since 2016 and managed to spent many hours fixing problems and improving it all around ( especially whilst my 911 was going backwards and forwards to the paintshop )

It is currently on SORN so any potential purchaser would need to be prepared to trailer it away. They can see it run around my garden but I won't be able to accomodate a test drive.
If you were brave you could insure it, tax it and drive it away ( but I can't guarantee how well that might turn out! )

I wouldn't describe it as a project car, as it is UK registered and has been previously MOT'd in the UK. It may need a little work in order to pass an MOT - for example the headlights will need aligning.
I expect someone could put a small amount of effort into this to get it to pass the MOT and run it for a few years before deciding whether to take it to the next level.

Hagerty values is at around £12,500 so I think I've priced it sensibly at £10,000 which is definately less than it owes me - but time to move it to another home.

Here is a list of all the things I've done over the years but I expect to add to this as I remember them all - I'm sure the list is incomplete.
The previous owner has had the notorious 'hell hole' correctly fixed - so one of the 914s achilles sorted.

Interior - I have fitted a brand new Lakewell interior, including seat coverings, back pad, carpet set and targa roof liner. I have also replaced the original
cracked dashtop and bottom with replacements in a good condition.
I also have a NOS Blaupunkt Hamburg ready to be fitted ( all the cabling is in and ready ). I have also replaced the majority of the rubber seals on the
car especially the expensive Targa ones from Auto Atlanta.

Exterior - I have fitted new headlights and also new European spec tail lights. All locks have been re-cylindered to ensure one key fits all.

Brakes:- It has had new discs all around, and all calipers have been refurbished ( the fronts by Classiccar automotive ) with new pads fitted. I have also
refurbished the pedal box and fitted a new master cylinder.

Engine - Plenty of work done on the engine. The distributor has been refurbished including new injector points, the manifold vacuum sensor has been
rebuilt and recalibrated, all fuel injection seals replaced, new plugs, oil and filter.
Fuel delivery - I removed, cleaned, and sealed the fuel tank and have replaced most of the fuel lines on the car for new ones. I have also replaced the
fuel filter with the difficult to source original square type.

Gearbox - I have refreshed the gearbox oil, refreshed a lot of the linkage bushings etc, aswell as replacing the seals on the gearbox selector shaft. It
probably needs a few drives to optimise the coupling alignments.
I have also replaced the reverse switch pin which is a common fault, so reverse lights work correctly.
As far as I am aware everything on the car works.
I also have a box full of spares and items that will go with the car.

The bad bits: The paint is not great but presentable and the rear valance is missing. I also expect it will need some work to the floor in the coming years as they all seem to go in similar places.

In summary a reasonably well sorted car, that has a great interior, that needs a few weekends of tinkering to get it through an MOT, looking for a new home.

The car is located near Southampton off J7 of the M27.
PM me for more information or to arrange a viewing - I'll do my best to be flexible on times.

Regards
Andrew

1966 Porsche 912 Slate Grey, red interior - first owner owned for 41 years
1974 Porsche 911 2.7 (The Manhattan project) viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51455
1973 VW 914 1.7 Olympic Blue - ( gone to a good home )
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: 1973 Porsche 914 1.7 Olympic Blue - updated 10/09

Post by Bootsy »

As updated
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk