RENNSPORT CLASSIC PORSCHE ROLL CAGE

If any traders wish to advertise parts for sale they are most welcome. See announcement first!
RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

RENNSPORT CLASSIC PORSCHE ROLL CAGE

Post by RENNSPORT CLASSICS »

Hello

I have designed and put into production the manufacture of a roll cage for classic 911s that I could supply within a realistic time frame of weeks rather than months if there is a demand for it.

The prototype is almost complete and will be fitted to our own 2.8 RSR project that we are building for a customer. The car is currently in paint and will be in our new premises in Betchworth early in July. I took the decision to make our own after being let down by several cage suppliers. I was disappointed by (a) the quality and (b) the design of cages being offered and then the lead times which were promised that came and went having my own design manufactured.

I now have my own fabricator working for RENNSPORT Classics.

The RENNSPORT Classic Porsche Roll Cage is based on a cage I designed and fitted to my own RSL I had from 2010 to 2018 so some of you may have seen it but with some new improvements. That car has current FIA papers but new regulations recently applied required modifications to that design.

The new cage is both aesthetically pleasing and practical being of a modular design consisting of essentially a rear bolt in half cage that is a copy of the original supplied by Porsche in 1973 when only a rear cage was available and a front section with "old school" attachments that will be offered with optional door and roof bars all built to modern standards and made from thicker gauge tubing than the original and additionally FIA compliant.

Available in kit form it will include "weld in" base brackets that when fitted will allow it to be bolted into the car and therefore removable. The front section will be optional and/or optionally fit-able. ie: Not fitted as required for road use or fitted for track day or competition. Obviously a fully weldede version is also possible.

Installation will be straightforward with templates provided and can be carried out by any competent body shop. As we own a set of genuine Porsche Celette jig brackets suitable for 911s and 912s from 1965 to 1989 we would consider offering a supply and fit turn key service if required too.

At this stage I would just like to gauge the level of interest if any. Very soon (at the latest early July) for those that respond I will be able to provide photos and costings. For now if you think you may be interested please let me know by emailing enq@rennsportclassics.eu with the subject "Roll Cage" and I'll update you with the final progress and availability as production of the prototype nears completion.

Thanks for looking.

Mark Waring

I will have photos very soon but the half cage will be
Ian Comerford
I luv DDK!

Re: RENNSPORT CLASSIC PORSCHE ROLL CAGE

Post by Ian Comerford »

Have you considered also posting this on Impact Bumpers Mark?
RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

I hadn't Ian and of course it would be perfect for later cars up to 1989 and especially backdates.

Thanks.

Mark
RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

Roll cage will be completed Thursday and car back to us at the month with it fitted and painted. I will have photos before then to distribute.
RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

Cage is in final assembly so photos very soon.