Peter Best insurance broker

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

wildtexas
DDK slapper chatter

Peter Best insurance broker

Post by wildtexas »

Has anyone experience of using Peter Best?

I've been with Hagerty for years and they have always been easy to deal with. However their premiums are creeping up.

PB quoted less than 50% of Hagerty for the same cover! Underwritten by highway.

Interested to hear any feedback. Matt
stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Peter Best insurance broker

Post by stretch »

One of my best mates had a nightmare claiming for his Merc.
Mercedes club sponsor, but quoted me 3 times higher than others on my old Mercedes project.
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Nine One One »

You get what you pay for.

This you will only ever know if you need to claim. I don’t think anyone has ever had issues with Hagerty. Just renewed mine with them, and happy to do just ‘laid up’ in the present climate, and no admin charges to put them back on the road when I do.
wildtexas
DDK slapper chatter

Post by wildtexas »

Nine One One wrote:You get what you pay for.

This you will only ever know if you need to claim. I don’t think anyone has ever had issues with Hagerty. Just renewed mine with them, and happy to do just ‘laid up’ in the present climate, and no admin charges to put them back on the road when I do.

True, Neil B seemed to be treated well when he lost his targa.

Price is not everything for me by a long shot, I'm curious because 110gbp versus 258gbp is a big swing.

And why?
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

It's the underwriter not Hagerty which decide if the claim is met? Are the underwriters the same on both policies? Maybe Google the underwriter?

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
wildtexas
DDK slapper chatter

Post by wildtexas »

Underwriter is highway Neil

Hagerty use Hiscox for my past policies
dean1057
DDK forever

Post by dean1057 »

All mine with Classicline on agreed values and very happy, been with them for donkeys years.
Give them a try, always handy if you're a member of a club if they ask.
https://www.classiclineinsurance.co.uk/

Might be worth Bootsy having a word with them as they always like new clubs joining to get members onboard with discounts.
964 C4 1990, Metallic Black
3.0SC 1978 Targa Imported from California, Guards Red
3.2 RS Replica, 1984 GP White & Blue
997 gen 2 Gt3, 2010 Aqua Blue
996TT Riveria Blue.....sold to Geebee but not forgotten
and a few Motorbikes!!!!
one-two
DDK rules my life!

Post by one-two »

Here's my particular insurance issue. None of us whether trade or retail - is using our cars as much as we would in more normal times. If premium calculations are based on those more normal times they will be incorrect. They will, in that specific context, be excessive. I don't think it unreasonable to expect insurers to recognise and address that - they are certainly very quick to react if and when they think risks have risen. Maybe a conversation to have if you are renewing!
Robert Barrie Limited
+44 7775 518337
info@robertbarrielimited.com
www.robertbarrielimited.com
wildtexas
DDK slapper chatter

Post by wildtexas »

Fair point Robert.

Interestingly RH came in with a similar premium to Hagerty and are also underwritten by Hiscox.

Bit more research to do.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

one-two wrote:Here's my particular insurance issue. None of us whether trade or retail - is using our cars as much as we would in more normal times. If premium calculations are based on those more normal times they will be incorrect. They will, in that specific context, be excessive. I don't think it unreasonable to expect insurers to recognise and address that - they are certainly very quick to react if and when they think risks have risen. Maybe a conversation to have if you are renewing!
My daughter got an email from Admiral yesterday telling her that she would receive a refund of £25.00 on her policy (~£400 PA) due to the lack of use during these times.
one-two
DDK rules my life!

Post by one-two »

Kudos to Admiral. My lot seem unable/unwilling to understand the issue.
Robert Barrie Limited
+44 7775 518337
wildtexas
DDK slapper chatter

Post by wildtexas »

Who is your lot Robert?
one-two
DDK rules my life!

Post by one-two »

I have a trade policy with Classic Insurance Services. Generally a good experience, but a significant premium increase this year and then no interest in this issue
Robert Barrie Limited
+44 7775 518337
mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

I've had a two car policy with Admiral for 7 or eight years. Every year at renewal the premium has increased, generally by £50 or so and I've kept going thinking that generally things get more expensive and why shouldn't motor insurance be any different.

A month ago Admiral wrote to inform me renewal was due and the premium would increase once again, this time to £980. Having a bit more time on my hands than usual I sat for a morning to see what my Go Compare a Meercat option would be.

AA offered the same cover for £520. I called Admiral to cancel my policy and the gent on the other end offered me a £180 discount to renew. I explained that I had insured with another company and all I needed him to do was terminate my policy... and he offered me £210 discount. :geek:

These people just make it up as they go along.
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

When that happens to me I tell them they’ve just lost their custom because they are taking the p155. I just saved £100 by moving from AA to RH for my Saab 900 T16s cabriolet, and they were lovely to deal with too.