UK Speedster Options

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

Gone in 60 seconds
DDK slapper chatter

UK Speedster Options

Post by Gone in 60 seconds »

Hello All,

Been a while since last on the DDK, but with current circumstances outside giving me more time at home currently than normal (!) I’ve been thinking about a project and doing another Speedster. A long time ago I built up a Martin Walker kit, I don’t think he is still trading.

I want to take an outlaw path but want the basics to be as original as possible in particular really want to build a car with underdash handbrake rather than the normal tunnel mount.

Looking around speedster clinic look very good. Just interested in recommendation and advice as to manufacturers to explore, or is that the right one?

Thank you
73 911 RS(T) #0968
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: UK Speedster Options

Post by Bootsy »

Whatever you choose make sure you go full IVA build
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Robneal
DDK above all

Post by Robneal »

Look out for a.special offer from Speedster Clinic tomorrow...they have a one off offer due to a cancelled order due to coronavirus but you will need to be quick. I have one of their Coupes 'Burnt Pig' build thread.
There are a couple of people I know that have built an under dash handbrake, both have also gone to the trouble of making the tunnel look much more like a.genuine.356 tunnel. with by welding one in place.of.the beetle one or making one that is a good approximation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Long time no see .... good to see you back on Ddk
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

- &, for reference James, Barrie Martin (Martin & Walker) is very much alive & well - & still trading ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Gone in 60 seconds
DDK slapper chatter

James / Bootsy good to see you’re both still out there and the DDK going from strength to strength. Nice having a nosey round again, some great threads to read.

The IVA is the bit that worries me/puts me off a replica build, just really fancy a project without any rust ;-)
73 911 RS(T) #0968
Robneal
DDK above all

Post by Robneal »

Don't think IVA is that much of a problem and getting a Speedster through the test is well documented on here and people active on here can help out if you have got any questions. Good luck with the build if you decide to go ahead, great time to do it with having more time available at home.

Gone in 60 seconds
DDK slapper chatter

Robneal wrote:Don't think IVA is that much of a problem and getting a Speedster through the test is well documented on here and people active on here can help out if you have got any questions. Good luck with the build if you decide to go ahead, great time to do it with having more time available at home.

Thanks Rob. Oh I called Gary, unfortunately the chassis you mentioned has already been reallocated but it was a nice excuse to have a chat and make an introduction. I like Speedster clinic from what I have seen, get impression nicest of U.K. models.

Thanks for advice
73 911 RS(T) #0968
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

Welcome back to DDK! A decent Speedster build is on my ‘must do’ list at some point.
Currently getting this equally impractical speedster through IVA so I’m sure you’ll be fine :)