Quatrelle: More French madness

The place to post images of your other cars.

Moderator: Bootsy

Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Quatrelle: More French madness

Post by Lightweight_911 »

911hillclimber wrote: Will it be registered soon?
I've been waiting 7 weeks for my Fulvia's UK registration - DVLA have disabled their phone & email contact routes (so impossible to track progress) except for essential workers ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
KS

Post by KS »

911hillclimber wrote:IMHO, leave it wearing it's years, a straighter body will add little as long as the paint is solid.
Will it be registered soon?
I'm inclined to agree... And the occasional wipe down with WD40 gives a nice shine, too!

The majority of DVLA staff are currently furloughed, so anything that can't be done on line (change of owner, reg transfers etc) isn't getting touched. I know of people who sent paperwork in to get a car registered back in early April who have heard nothing since, not even an acknowledgement. One chap managed to speak to a human being in April who said that staff who were still working are now doing so from home, so only have limited access to the DVLA computers. The only 'manual' services operating are for the benefit of 'key workers' - there is a process to prove you are such a person.

As things stand, it could take a few frustrating months to get the R4 registered... :(

I reckon that, in situations like this, as long as the car is MOT'd and insured on the chassis number, there should be a period of grace allowing you to drive on the original plates. After all, it's not your fault DVLA has shut down. They've done it with MOTs, which could have far more serious consequences than driving with a French plate...
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
keith fellowes
DDK forever

Post by keith fellowes »

Sorry for the hijack KS, but what are import costs of a car from the EU?
Mate of mine is considering importing a 1980s rally car from Belgium, value £20k and reckons it will cost £1500 to import plus other DVLA and MOT costs. Is that right?

Love your car, will look very at home in Cornwall
KS

Post by KS »

Until the end of the year (when we finally cut ties with the EU) there are no import costs - duty or VAT. There is a £55 first registration fee and, depending on age, the year’s road tax, but that’s all.
Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
keith fellowes
DDK forever

Post by keith fellowes »

Thanks Keith
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Nine One One »

Keith,

Shame you don’t have a French or EU address or similar, as you would be able to drive it on UK roads for 6 months before the need to register it here.
As a resident here you only get two weeks in which to register it. If you have done so by the postal system, surely it is identifiable to you, and you could argue you have complied with the law. Its insured and TUV tested which is acceptable over here, but unfortunatley not and you have to wait for a UK registration number to be issued, however long thats going to take presently.
KS

Post by KS »

New diamond side-repeaters added...

Trip to the garage...
Keith Seume
My YouTube channel
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!