Injector servicing

A place for Impact Bumpers, 964 and 993 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Injector servicing

Post by Ignatzcatz »

I'm seeking advice on fuel injector servicing. There is a company near me that services truck diesel fuel injectors but I'm concerned that the Porsche injectors may be a different animal. I haven't yet contacted my main dealer, I'm afraid they might just want to sell me a set of new ones.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Re: Injector servicing

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Just got my injectors back from JMG Porsche all cleaned and flow checked. They did find some internal corrosion which may have been caused by water dilution causing a corrosive substance that attacked the internal part of the injector. They advised I should be aware of ethanol fuel now being sold at petrol stations although the ethanol addition is more likely to be at supermarket petrol outlets rather than main BP or Esso stations and the super or premium types of petrol does not, generally, include ethanol. JMG also advised in keeping the fuel tank as full as possible especially when the car may be not in use during the Winter months plus they did recommend a fuel additive to cancel out this water problem and to keep all of the fuel lines and system as clean as possible. Millers EPS would be a good choice and I'm getting a few bottles of the stuff from Demon Tweeks so I don't have future problems.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail