Seat and seatbelt mounts

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

Paulvx
DDK Newbie

Seat and seatbelt mounts

Post by Paulvx »

Morning all - can anyone share (photos) of how they mounted seats and seatbelts in their speedster please - I have a speedsterclinic. I don’t have a roll bar and and don’t fancy harnesses

All the best

Paul
Robneal
DDK above all

Re: Seat and seatbelt mounts

Post by Robneal »

Hi,
Speedster clinic chassis has a top seat belt mounting point included in the speedster clinic chassis that you can bolt an extension plate too to get the top seat belt mounting in the right place for IVA. It will be a bit unsightly, but you could remove it after the IVA and then it would be an over the shoulder mount. Not sure if the bolt on kit has the same upper mounting, but if you post the same request on the facebook page some of the guys on there deffinitely have the bolt on kit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
H-G
DDK addict

Post by H-G »

Evening. I am also building a Speedster Clinic speedster for IVA. I looked a few portions including a bar a\over the gearbox to get the mounts hit enough to meet the angles to pass the test.

In the end. I have gone with a pair of seat from a BMW 3 series convertible which have the belts as part of the seat. The one thing you need is to remember the 100x100x4mm plates either side of the floor when you bolt them in. I’ve included a p12v supply so that they operate; this will feed the heated seat pads once the proper seats are fitted.

Not sure if my pics are still there, but PM me with you email address and I can send you some pictures if you like?
Paulvx
DDK Newbie

Post by Paulvx »

Cheers guys much appreciated