Rear reflectors for IVA

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

porschewagen
DDK Seasoned Poster

Rear reflectors for IVA

Post by porschewagen »

Looking for some guidance beyond the IVA manual itself please....

I am using 356a t1 beehive lights but I’m not using standard 356 rear reflectors for the IVA test (due to worries about the radius /sharp edge rules). Instead I am fitting round 2” round IVA compliant ones. As it stands they will be fitted in the same place as 356 ones would be and will lay flat against the body of the car which is approx. 120 degrees to the road.

My question is: Does IVA require the rear reflectors to be at 90 degrees to the road or can I leave them as they are?

I know the rear fog light MUST be at right angles so wondered if the same was true for the reflectors.

Thanks !
greg356a
I luv DDK!

Re: Rear reflectors for IVA

Post by greg356a »

I don't think it is that clear what is required in the IVA manual, from memory which is not that great rear reflectors must face predominately to the rear, 50% must be visible.

I used the originals and adjusted to face rear and squarish to the ground. Bicycle inner tube stretched around the reflector gave the 3mm radius etc

ImageIMG_1801
1963 Karmann Ghia
1959 356A Coupe Outlaw
1957 3.2 Speedster replica
Robneal
DDK above all

Post by Robneal »

I would just get a piece of plastic tube and cut it at an angle so the reflectors are aproximately at 90 degrees, afterall its only for the test as I presume you will put originals back on after the test. As Greg says originals with bike inner tube round them seem to pass the test as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
porschewagen
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by porschewagen »

Thanks both. Yes probably not worth jeopardising a pass over something so simple to avoid. I may go down the originals with inner tube route as it’s proven.

Thanks again for the feedback.
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

Glad you got you answer.

Most IVA questions, you may find the answer in the IVA thread. If not covered then it maybe a good idea to post in that thread. Purely to help others by keeping it all in the same thread.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)