My Speedster Clinic coupe

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

356V
DDK Seasoned Poster

Re: My Speedster Clinic coupe

Post by 356V »

Have you run any ducting from the Emory style vents, or are they more for looks?

Difficult to put a price on a build like yours, even harder without knowing full spec of engine and running gear etc :)

I think these things are so personal/bespoke the value in sale depends on the person buying/finding the right buyer. Really difficult to say!

How long have you owned it now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silver bullet
DDK Newbie

Post by Silver bullet »

356V wrote:Have you run any ducting from the Emory style vents, or are they more for looks?

Difficult to put a price on a build like yours, even harder without knowing full spec of engine and running gear etc :)

I think these things are so personal/bespoke the value in sale depends on the person buying/finding the right buyer. Really difficult to say!

How long have you owned it now?

Mostly Gene berg built 2165 IDA motor, 1”3/4 sebring stainless exhaust dyno’d at 167hp,Speedster clinic deluxe chassis, Steering rack, adjustable shox, 03’s built box, mid mount, frame horns tied into cage and chassis, 944 rear end and 944 upfront, OG 356 Fuel tank, OG door frames,quarters and door garnish, OG 16” Fuchs with coloured centre caps, full leather interior and German square weave carpets, Marchal spots
mdmax72
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by mdmax72 »

Silver bullet wrote:
Bootsy wrote:I think it also depends on what a car is registered as and if it's been IVA'd - naturally effects prices achieved
It is registered correctly.....
So with you saying that, your not being clear as to whether it’s an IVA’d vehicle. I think this would be more appealing to any buyer thats going to consider a high value purchase.
Rich

DDK Member 0547

Evolving Speedster Build ;-)
Silver bullet
DDK Newbie

Post by Silver bullet »

In which way? I thought people were only iva’ing a car to get it registered correctly so it is all above board and insured correctly?
356V
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by 356V »

Wow that’s some spec!!

I should imagine if someone were to come along who wanted that kind of spec along with that level of detail you could almost name your price... but you’re not going to sell it, right??

Far too nice to part with!

To answer your question, for me personally, yes IVA is about getting the car registered correctly for my peace if mind when ANPR cars are behind me and for insurance purposes.

greg356a
I luv DDK!

Post by greg356a »

From my prospective looking back I feel IVA was a very positive experience. I wanted to ensure that the car I built in my garage was safe and a pleasurable driving experience. First to admit that some of the regulations are quite restrictive making the build challenging. When I do eventually get the car on the road I am confident that a second independent pair of eyes has gone through the vehicle to make sure there is no death trap issues. Also a massive sense of achievement when you pass, especially first time as I did. The registration process was just an important by product of the IVA test.
1963 Karmann Ghia
1959 356A Coupe Outlaw
1957 3.2 Speedster replica
356V
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by 356V »

Hi Greg, I’m almost up to speed on your build thread - started reading it on Wednesday, most impressive! Hopefully I might feel some of those things you’ve mentioned about IVA when the day finally comes and I reach that point lol
volksrod
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by volksrod »

Loving the look.
53 Zwitter.
72 Baja.
75 914.