My Chesil!

The place to post image of your PORSCHES

Moderator: Bootsy

felix66
DDK Newbie

My Chesil!

Post by felix66 »

I will sort some pictures out when I have had the opporutnity to give the car a good clean and get the chance to show it some daylight!

In the meantime, this one was taken from the confines of my garage!

Viv_Surby
DDK rules my life!

Post by Viv_Surby »

Hey Felix - is yours the Silver Chesil I've seen in / around Holborn / Soho?
.....AKA the Welsh driving ace - Carlos Monteverdi!

1967 VW Type 2 Camper - 'Betsy'
1969 Porsche 911R Homage hot rod - 'Prescilla'
1972 Karmann Cabriolet - 'Celine'
Gary71
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Gary71 »

The Gayhardo replica is quite convincing too... nice 8)
912uk

Post by 912uk »

what's that next to it... :?:
felix66
DDK Newbie

Post by felix66 »

912uk wrote:what's that next to it... :?:
that would be my daily driver ;-)

912uk

Post by 912uk »

I thought it was a lambo I just didn't want to say. Nice I do like these for sure as they have a rear cutting edge style. Nice I see a yellow one about in town a fair bit and James had one before he moved to Manchester way I think god knows who he is playing for now.. you can see how much I enjoy football....

I had a Apal speedster running a 912 motor that's gone now so just doing up the 356 Pre-A up for next year or the year after that maybe... :roll:
felix66
DDK Newbie

Post by felix66 »

912uk wrote:I thought it was a lambo I just didn't want to say. Nice I do like these for sure as they have a rear cutting edge style. Nice I see a yellow one about in town a fair bit and James had one before he moved to Manchester way I think god knows who he is playing for now.. you can see how much I enjoy football....

I had a Apal speedster running a 912 motor that's gone now so just doing up the 356 Pre-A up for next year or the year after that maybe... :roll:
the Lambo and the speedster are a real contrast to drive but i have to say, they both bring an equally big smile to my face when I am piloting them.

I have a John Maher Racing 1779 blueprinted engine and disc brakes all round in the Chesil but am keen to look for something like a 912 or 914 engine to upgrade to.

I did spend a while looking for a real speedster but there really isn't much out there other than left hand drive. Over the last two years I have looked at quite a few for sale and they haven't really impressed me. I found a lovely Roadster but to be honest, I think the speedster look is better so.... for now, Chesil it is.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

what a choice to have to make, speedster or Lambo ? ;) :lol: 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
912uk

Post by 912uk »

LHD is no hassle really and if you are looking for a RHD speedster then that cuts the choice right down.

Either way I think reps will be more sort after in years to come esp if they are as close to the orginal as poss as the real speedsters will be way too much money and then the reps will step in. People are buying them you already have orginals that's a good sign. The only thing I did not like about the Apal was the rear lights. Other than that is was real close to the orginal.
felix66
DDK Newbie

Post by felix66 »

912uk wrote:LHD is no hassle really and if you are looking for a RHD speedster then that cuts the choice right down.

Either way I think reps will be more sort after in years to come esp if they are as close to the orginal as poss as the real speedsters will be way too much money and then the reps will step in. People are buying them you already have orginals that's a good sign. The only thing I did not like about the Apal was the rear lights. Other than that is was real close to the orginal.
First replica I looked at was an Apal - I loved it and wanted to buy it there and then but the onwer had someone coming back form the previous weekend and gave her first refusal.

Agree on LHD - not too much of an issue for me - but my better half doesn't like the idea of driving from the left seat (I did make the point she typically does this anyway - even without the steering wheel!)
912uk

Post by 912uk »

Agree on LHD - not too much of an issue for me - but my better half doesn't like the idea of driving from the left seat (I did make the point she typically does this anyway - even without the steering wheel!)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to have one of those she could drive my the car while sat in her office on the phone!!!!!!!! got rid of that one quickly......
:lol: [/quote]