Any 912 RHD for sale United Kingdom

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

Murgyboy
DDK Newbie

Any 912 RHD for sale United Kingdom

Post by Murgyboy »

Hi, does anyone know of any restored RHD cars for sale outside of the one that Revival has. Many thanks.
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Any 912 RHD for sale United Kingdom

Post by neilbardsley »

Why not let people know a bit more about yourself in the introduction thread and they might be happier to help?
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
hot66

Post by hot66 »

You’ve got the bluntness of a northerner sometime Neil
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Timo »

:lol: indeed he has. Neil’s right though, it would be great to know more about you and your interest in 912s.

Saw this the other day, not restored but rhd, and an early car, might be worth a look?

https://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1071760
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan
takeflight
DDK above all

Post by takeflight »

Out of interest, if you don’t me asking, what don’t you like about the revival one, on paper it’s looks pretty good.
Murgyboy
DDK Newbie

Post by Murgyboy »

Hi, as a way of an introduction.... I have to confess that I have owned a few VW splitscreen vans over the years and learnt the hard way about the VW scene, which vans to buy and how to source spare parts.

At the moment I am just doing my research about 1960’s Porsches because in the past I have been known to rush into purchases. I have seen about four cars now and I am just learning about the models, conditions and the cost of restoring them if they need resprays, engine builds, etc, etc before I potentially buy one.

I also know Martyn through the VW scene who owns the Green 912 that he's selling via Max.

I am planning to go to Stanford Hall in May and I will be sure to come over and have a look at the 912's whilst I am there and say hi. thanks, Matt
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Timo wrote:Image indeed he has. Neil’s right though, it would be great to know more about you and your interest in 912s.

Saw this the other day, not restored but rhd, and an early car, might be worth a look?

https://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1071760
A project with a none running motor equals 32K :)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Timo

Post by Timo »

Yep, a lot of money for a project car but not many rhd cars about, when you pitch it against the fully finished car max has at £55k it still leaves you with £23k to spend to get it upto scratch, that’s a fair chunk if you are handy.
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan
takeflight
DDK above all

Post by takeflight »

Timo wrote:
Yep, a lot of money for a project car but not many rhd cars about, when you pitch it against the fully finished car max has at £55k it still leaves you with £23k to spend to get it upto scratch, that’s a fair chunk if you are handy.
It is but the max one comes with all the right paperwork and if you are a collector, investor that’s worth it’s wait in gold.

£23K is not to be sneezed at, it soon goes if you won’t the right people to do jobs, also if you won’t the right people you have got to be prepared to wait, so time may be an issue.

I have also found, it’s not always the amount you have spent, it’s who’s done the work.

We bought a 1970 911T from a dealer with photographic evidence of a full renovation, carried out in the USA with what I believe to be a fake history, this was before we knew anything and was extremely nieve, it looked to the untrained eye perfect, it turned out to be dangerous, we got our money back with a bit of persuasion.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Timo wrote:
23k disappears very quickly on these cars and I know!!
chud
DDK above all

Post by chud »

neilbardsley wrote:
Timo wrote:
23k disappears very quickly on these cars and I know!!
Amen to that
'66 912
'75 Mazda RX3
'80 Mazda RX7
‘57 Oval Beetle

instagram tymboooo
Timo

Post by Timo »

Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant