Classic car hub bibury

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

takeflight
DDK above all

Classic car hub bibury

Post by takeflight »

New Year’s Day !

Anyone going
Ashley James
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Classic car hub bibury

Post by Ashley James »

I’ll be there in my 718.
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

I’ll be there in my 356.
takeflight
DDK above all

Post by takeflight »

We should be there in a white 911t, if I have my way.

Wife wonts to take dog so might be a black Vito :roll:
keith fellowes
DDK forever

Post by keith fellowes »

Someone told me you have to book to go there and you can't just turn up. Is that correct?
Live about 10 mile away and would be a good to go there. Sadly not in the 911 though, Abarth 595.
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

You do have to book or they park you in a neighboring field, it it’s worth going onto their site to see if there are tickets left.
takeflight
DDK above all

Post by takeflight »

keith fellowes wrote:Someone told me you have to book to go there and you can't just turn up. Is that correct?
Live about 10 mile away and would be a good to go there. Sadly not in the 911 though, Abarth 595.
Just turn up I am sure there won’t be a problem
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

It’s different this time, you have to buy a ticket, which you can do online. They’re giving the proceeds to charity.
takeflight
DDK above all

Post by takeflight »

Ashley James wrote:It’s different this time, you have to buy a ticket, which you can do online. They’re giving the proceeds to charity.
Turn up, wave a fiver, I am sure you will get parked some where, exspecally if your in something interesting. It’s a great place and their Sunday mornings coffee meets are normally free, however imo they are worth every penny of a fiver.

Anyway even if you got turned away, nice part of the world to have a drive around, the village is worth a nose around.
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

As I said I think you’ll end up in another field.
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

Dear New Year’s Day Charity Event Attendee.

First of all I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and are planning a merry New Year (though not too merry, you may be driving tomorrow!). Thank you for taking the time to pre-register for our first event of 2019, which sold out well in advance! Before you arrive tomorrow, I just wanted to get in touch with a couple of important details that you’ll want to know before arriving at The Classic Motor Hub:

The event starts at 12pm and runs until 3pm. We are sold out and are expecting it to be as busy as always!
If you signed up before December 18th, you should have received your ticket in the post. If you have not, your ticket will be waiting for you on the gate.
All areas of The Hub will be open for visitors to look at the cars in our showrooms and in our on-site private collection. If you take any photos and share them on social media, be sure to tag us or use the hashtag #ClassicMotorHub.
This is a charity event, so please bring any spare change (or notes!) you may have to help us raise as much money as possible for Kate’s Home Nursing.
Kate’s Home Nursing are running a cake stall and charity raffle with some great prizes on offer from Footman James, Revive Auto Apothecary, Heritage Preservations, Classic & Sports Car Magazine and Henry Cole. Be sure to get your tickets from the club room (next to the kitchen!)
To ease congestion in the surrounding areas, we please ask that you arrive from the north via the Fosse Way (A429) if possible.
Bacon rolls and other snacks will be served from our Hub Grub kitchen by our very own Colin (known as The Butcher!).
Our Shop and Hub Coffee House will also be open for visitors and has additional new gifts and merchandise in stock. There will also be two additional baristas on site providing delicious coffee and snacks, who both will be very happy to hydrate you in return for cold, hard, cash.

It is our priority that everyone enjoys themselves at the event, but we kindly ask that all attendees please take great care when approaching The Hub. The roads surrounding our location are relatively narrow country lanes and as it is New Year’s Day there may be walkers, cyclists and other tourists out and about so please drive considerately on your approach, AND when leaving. We recommend arriving from the north (Northleach / Fosse Way) in order to avoid inconveniencing local residents.

If for any reason you can't make it on Sunday, please do reply to this email to let us know as we do have a reserve list of people who would love to come.

Thank you once again for supporting our events. We look forward to seeing you and your vehicle at The Hub on Sunday!

Ben Stinson
Marketing & Social Media Coordinator
E: ben@classicmotorhub.com
T: +44 (0) 1242384092
A: The Classic Motor Hub, Old Walls, Ablington, Bibury, GL7
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

I went to the show, very busy and some good stuff there.

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Yes looking at pics online seems to have been very busy
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk