Selling my 1962 Porsche-Diesel Junior 109 tractor.

A dedicated area for Porsche Tractor Chat

Moderator: hot66

vwgillybilly
DDK slapper chatter

Selling my 1962 Porsche-Diesel Junior 109 tractor.

Post by vwgillybilly »

My Dad’s farm is being bulldozed due to HS2 which is literally dissecting his house, meaning my tractor collection has to go as I only have room for two cars.

These seem to be the rarer of the Junior models with 108s generally being the most commonly found. The 109 is a smaller machine making it ideal to show as it could easily be towed with a smaller car. It is a solid drawbar model with PTO & is fully road registered with V5 document present. The tractor was fully verified & dated by John Hearn – the Porsche-Diesel tractor expert. The tractor starts on the button hot or cold, the engine really is a joy to listen to. I have completed several road runs with the tractor, including a recent 10 mile outing with no issues whatsoever.

This really is a lovely tractor which I have owned since 2012. It isn’t concourse, but was painted before I owned it, there are a few dents & scratches but it presents really well & you’ll probably not see another at a show. Ideal for the Porsche collector looking for something different.

Since owning it I have done the following work to make the tractor fully turnkey & 100% reliable;

Full top end rebuild with new Mahle barrel & piston, correctly shimmed with valve clearances set.
New seals & gaskets.
Reconditioned injector.
Reconditioned starter motor.
Full service including in tank fuel filter.
New wiring loom.
ALL correct Hella/Bosch/Motometer instrumentation, lights & switch gear. Everything electrical works as it should, including the brake lights & the battery charges at ~13.5 volts. New Motometer hour gauge fitted.
New Bosch battery.
New Porsche Diesel drivers & passengers seat cushions.
New ‘correct’ Continental TS 4.50x15 front tyres.
Goodyear ’Gum Dipped’ rear turf tyres so it won’t tear up your garden!
All new badges & bright work.
All receipts included & includes CD rom manuals & an original sales brochure.

Priced to sell, these tractors are only going one way in price & the asking price represents good value in today’s market, with incomplete examples fetching upwards of 6k.

Will post pics after I've given it a clean this weekend.

£7k
Last edited by vwgillybilly on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
1959 356A UK RHD AFN no. 400

1962 Porsche - Diesel Junior 109
vwgillybilly
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Selling my 1962 Porsche-Diesel Junior 109 tractor.

Post by vwgillybilly »

KAS.750
DDK addict

Post by KAS.750 »

That is lovely! I haven't looked at prices in a while although I was bidding on a reasonably tidy runner on ebay about a year ago.
GLWTS
brembo
DDK rules my life!

Post by brembo »

Have PM'd you.
Regards,
Dougie

Worry is the interest on inevitability !
vwgillybilly
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Selling my 1961 Porsche-Diesel Junior 109 tractor.

Post by vwgillybilly »

Thanks. I think the price is right but there is a bit of wiggle room hence the ono. I don’t really want to sell but I’m losing storage & have a VW bus & 356 to put first.

The last 109 I saw sell made similar money but wasn’t as complete as mine. This tractor really is a delight & could easily be made concourse.

Here’s another video of it driving.

https://youtu.be/_KXxaauWvMY

Just checked the V5 & it’s registered as a 1962.

Brembo - sent you a pm with my number.

Gill

vwgillybilly
DDK slapper chatter

Post by vwgillybilly »

Back for sale - farm sale HS2 is complete & out in January. My Dad has bought a place & doesn't have room for it.

This did sell back in May, the guy put a deposit on it & then pulled out saying his situation has changed. At the same time my VW Split screen bus sold & I really regretted selling the tractor, so I thought no more of selling it - now reality looms. We settled on 7k so that's what I'm re advertising at before it goes on ebay again.

See you tube link https://youtu.be/d3UsUpSuMGg

Gill