Cheapest beer in Ireland.

Please post your jokes here, we do have a sense of humour! (keep it clean though)

Moderator: Bootsy

mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Cheapest beer in Ireland.

Post by mycar »

Ryanair's, Micheal O'Leary, arrives in a hotel in Dublin, he goes to the bar and asks for a pint of draught Guinness. The barman nodded and said, "That will be one Euro please, Mr. O'Leary."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we try to stay ahead of the competition," said the barman, "and we are serving free pints every Wednesday evening from 6 until 8 p.m. We have the cheapest beer in Ireland."

"That is a remarkable value," comments Michael.

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be 3 euros please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up. He took his drink and walked towards a seat.

"Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra 2 euros. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you a Euro."

"I think you may to be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please?"

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in he complains, "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of 4 euros for your seat sir."

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you," added the barman. "Since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another 3 euros."

O'Leary was so annoyed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"Ah, I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be 2 euro please."

O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary."

"I've had enough, What sort of bar is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his E-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9 and 9.10 every morning, Monday to Tuesday by dialing this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only 10 cents per second."

"I will never use this bar again!"

"OK sir, but remember, we are the only hotel in Ireland selling pints for one Euro."
majordad
I luv DDK!

Re: Cheapest beer in Ireland.

Post by majordad »

Very , very Good !

Ryanair are mostly very good, they have revolutionised air travel over the past 20 years and IMHO there would be no cheap air fares to anywhere without them. The have certain rules and if you play by them you will do well. As an example, they used have a one bag only policy in the cabin, they relaxed it to one bag plus a small carry on bag and people ( girls mostly ) took advantage of it. I personally saw a young woman attempt to cram her duty free bag , and cabin bag in an overhead locker which was not above her seat. The duty free bottle of Vodka fell out from the locker as she was shoving it in and walloped a woman sitting underneath on the head. Not surprisingly Ryanair have got tough again on baggage.
1972 2.4S, since 1988
993 RSR Cup
73 RS Rep Race
2018 GT3RS Lizard
Jonny Hart
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Jonny Hart »

They certainly know how to save money. My company recommisioned the ex Ryanair 737 flight simulator at Dublin airport around 2002 for another company.

I flew on the last flight of the plane that the sim was based on. IIRC, it was built in 1968!
Dougieboy1
I luv DDK!

Post by Dougieboy1 »

i was in tallinn a couple of weeks ago on business. Got to the airport friday morning having already checked in on line but i couldn't get through the barrier???

Security agent told me that my flight was cancelled - i had to go to the airport to find this out.

Asked the staff what to do and the surly lady on the ryanair desk literally hurled a piece of paper at me saying 'call ryanair, they will rebook you on the next available flight'. Of course, no one answered the phone so after 10 mins i gave up. I rebooked onto a LOT flight to brussels and a Brussels air to heathrow so after leaving the hotel at the equivalent of 8 am in the morning Dublin time, i got home at midnight absolutely no thanks to Ryanair.

So that was going to be my first ever ryanair flight and by a curious turn of fate, it actually turned out to be the last ryanair flight i will ever book......I was on business so my firm picked up the costs. I felt much sorrier for the 2 elderly couples who came to the travel agent after me and couldn't afford to rebook on another flight....

I realise there are always casualties in any revolution.....but.....
1972 911S
1944 VW Schwimmwagen (originally a Porsche typ128, eventually VW166)
A bunch of other crap (according to my wife)
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

Our companies insurance won’t let us travel on Ryan air, whizz air or someone else (can’t remember who - some random German airline). We can override it if that’s the only option for a flight route but we have to get VP approval (and ain’t nobody gonna do that)