CHP Porsche Picnic Sunday 1st October

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

CHP Porsche Picnic Sunday 1st October

Post by KS »

Set in acres of beautiful grounds, Mapledurham House, near Reading, is the venue for our low-key gathering on Sunday 1st October. The house is a Tourism South East award winner, often seen in TV’s ‘Midsomer Murders’. Not only that, but Mapledurham’s watermill was used as a location in Michael Caine’s 1976 film The Eagle Has Landed, and features on the cover of Black Sabbath’s 1970 debut album! It’s a great venue for a Porsche show.
The watermill is the only operational mill on the Thames, the flour it produces being used to make the scones for Mapledurham’s own tea room, which will be open on the day of the Picnic. Also open to the public on the day are the main house and watermill (from 2pm), visitors to the Picnic being offered a £4 discount on the usual £9 admission. For directions, go on-line to: www.mapledurham.co.uk
The Picnic itself will follow the tried-and-tested formula of a laid-back Porsche show run in conjunction with our sister magazine, 911 & Porsche World. Informality is the key-word, so bring your picnics (or indulge in a cream tea in the house) and head to Mapledurham. The venue opens at 10am. Entry is £5 per person, with under-11s free.For all enquiries, including trade spaces, contact Wildside on 0118 947 5200, or e-mail: wildside@adren-a-line.com
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Ashley James
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: CHP Porsche Picnic Sunday 1st October

Post by Ashley James »

What a pity it’s on the same day as Shuttleworth.