DDK visit to Rolls-Royce Archives

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

Darren C
DDK rules my life!

DDK visit to Rolls-Royce Archives

Post by Darren C »

Following the expressed interest on the R-R thread in organising a DDK visit to the Rolls-Royce Archives at Paulerspury, Towcester, Northants, I have arranged a DDK visit on Sunday 13th August 2017

The prime aim of the Open Day is to show guests, particularly those who have not previously visited The Hunt House, the wealth of the archives, exhibits, research facilities, workshops and services on offer.
This includes all things Rolls & Royce and is not just limited to the motor car. There are literally 1000’s of exhibits, personal memorabilia and history from Royce’s first electric domestic fittings company of 1884 up to present day including Aero division. Additionally we hope to have a fantastic collection of R-R & Bentley motorcars in attendance on display.
The programme for the day will not be prescriptive. Guest may have guided tours or explore at their own leisure. The Open Day will commence at 1000hrs and end at 1600hrs.
A summer barbecue will be served in our gorgeous walled garden. The Shop will also be open throughout the day.
Please let me know if you will be coming no later than Friday 4 August 2017.

Members of The Hunt House Team and the Board of Directors will be there to meet you and show you around the fantastic headquarters.

Regards
Darren
@classiccarguru1
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: DDK visit to Rolls-Royce Archives

Post by 911hillclimber »

Darren, please can I book a place on this tour?
If possible 2 places. A good friend of mine used to restore this older cars so will love to come.
Graham.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Darren C
DDK rules my life!

Post by Darren C »

Thanks Graham, 2 places are yours :)

I neglected to say that there will be a small charitable £10 donation per person as a way of thanks to The Sir Henry Royce Memorial Foundation in return for their hospitality. I hope everyone is okay with this.

The Sir Henry Royce Memorial Foundation was established in 1977 as a permanent resource devoted to the life and works of Sir Frederick Henry Royce, OBE, to his distinguished colleagues and successors, and to the advancement of engineering. Special emphasis is given to the encouragement and support of apprentices and young engineers, and in perpetuating Sir Henry's engineering philosophy - the pursuit of excellence.
It is a charitable trust substantially dependent upon donations and support from the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club (RREC) and is dedicated to the memory and engineering philosophy of Henry Royce, his colleagues and successors.
The Foundations positive objective is the perpetuation and encouragement of the engineering ordinance of Sir Henry. To this end the Foundation arranges exhibitions, open days and special events for institutions, societies and private groups. It holds a number of authoritative lectures a year and supports many annual awards, competitions, prizes and training schemes where the pursuit of excellence is encouraged and can be identified. These cover a varying range of stand-alone awards and prizes, bursaries and core funding support for appropriate partnerships. Illustratively, the Foundation provides the prestigious “Sir Henry Royce Trophy” and the “Henry Edmunds Trophy”, both nationally recognised, a variety of awards with professional Engineering Institutions (including the IET), prizes with selected City Livery Companies, universities, educational charities such as the Arkwright Scholarships Trust and public bodies. Its apprentice awards with the Ministry of Defence are recognised as some of the most important for young apprentices. The Foundation maintains a continuing review with its partners to match its incentives with needs and resources. Its educational activities are a part of wider delivery of charitable objectives, especially the preservation of historic archives for Rolls-Royce and Bentley motor cars and the conservation of other related artefacts. Recent actions include prestigious awards for those working in archive conservation and it is actively engaged in especial encouragement for younger people to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (“STEM”).
@classiccarguru1
Nige

Post by Nige »

Yes please Darren. Would it be possible to bring a guest along as well please.
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

£10 is a bargain.
:)
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Berny
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Berny »

Hi Darren can you put me on the list please I will let you know one place or two! Regards Berny. By the way I have another visit to P&A Wood in the next few weeks I am taking a friend with a Bentley.
1971 Targa Sportomatic in Green 1972 2.4e sunroof coupe 1990 964 C2 Member no 82
stuarts
DDK above all

Post by stuarts »

Hi Darren,
Can you put me down for two people, I'll come along with my dad in his Rolls as my 911 is off the road at the minute.
Nige

Post by Nige »

Hi Darren

Just checking if all things are still go for the visit?

I'm planning to bring my Dad, but also wondered if the visit if child/teenage friendly as my 11 year old son would be interested as well. No problem if not.
Darren C
DDK rules my life!

Post by Darren C »

We have 12 DDKr's booked in for the visit this Sunday :)

The address is

Hunt House, 70 High St, Paulerspury, Towcester NN12 7NA

Doors open at 10am

We have a dedicated parking area for DDK cars to the right hand side of the Complex (there is a large 4 bar wooden gate to the far right, not the gate directly at the side/centre of the house as that's a courtyard for the R-R display cars)

Weather looks to be good & there will be a great display :)

I'll meet & greet on arrival PM me if you'd like my mobile number.
Looking forwards to meeting you all.

Regards
Darren
@classiccarguru1
stuarts
DDK above all

Post by stuarts »

Hi Darren,

I've dropped you a pm, unfortunately, I can't make tomorrow.

I hope all goes well,

Stuart
Nige

Post by Nige »

We'll be there
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

We will too, hopefully in a smoke free Boxster, blue skies here this morning!
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Enjoy folks!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

Lovely morning.
Drove down with an old mate who worked at RR in the distant past on the oldies, Boxster ran a treat.
Met with Darren for the first time and admired his neat re-built 997.
The RR club 'house' is a rather splendid affair and very very interesting.

Thank you Darren! :alien:

Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Darren C
DDK rules my life!

Post by Darren C »

Thanks to everyone for coming along to the meeting today we had 12 folks in all and raised £120 for the Sir Henry Royce Memorial Foundation who do a splendid job sponsoring and promoting young British engineers as well as being guardians of the Rolls-Royce & Bentley Archives.
hh4lowres.JPG
hh5lowres.JPG
hh2lowres.JPG
@classiccarguru1