Donald Trump

Please post your jokes here, we do have a sense of humour! (keep it clean though)

Moderator: Bootsy

yoda
I need to get out more!

Re: Donald Trump

Post by yoda »

All the p155 taking aside, I agree with you. The politicians and media tell us what they want us to hear and by and large we believe it. Obviously, I don't think this is a US specific issue.

What is a bit disturbing though is the brazen way Trump is selling his right wing message. The guy isn't fit to be in a position of such responsibility and has no political experience. Yet his successful media campaign has put him in a very hot seat. His message seems very clearly to prioritise the US at all costs which I think has driven some of the more extreme elements of society against the Western World in general. Just feels like a downward spiral. Sad state of affairs.

(Hope the paragraphs were ok for you).
The force is strong in this one ......
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

> WE AS COMMON FOLK do not have a say in anything

So you voted Trump because he's the common man?

You seem certain that it's everyone else that fails to see past the trees, not you. How can you be so sure? Is it the 'liberal media' that are spinning the facts or the illiberal president? Where do you get your facts from that you can be so sure they're true?

I don't think anyone would disagree that the elite classes are the elite classes and that's not fair, but where your stance baffles the rest of the world is that Trump is one of them. He was born one of them. He couldn't be more one of them.

To most people it's really F****** weird that you can't see that and that you think his presidency will be anything other than a disaster.

Still, golf is fun.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
trdking
DDK Fanatic

Post by trdking »

Sam wrote:> WE AS COMMON FOLK do not have a say in anything

So you voted Trump because he's the common man?

You seem certain that it's everyone else that fails to see past the trees, not you. How can you be so sure? Is it the 'liberal media' that are spinning the facts or the illiberal president? Where do you get your facts from that you can be so sure they're true?

I don't think anyone would disagree that the elite classes are the elite classes and that's not fair, but where your stance baffles the rest of the world is that Trump is one of them. He was born one of them. He couldn't be more one of them.

To most people it's really F****** weird that you can't see that and that you think his presidency will be anything other than a disaster.

Still, golf is fun.
We as Common folk would mean anyone of us that earns wages and is not in the top 1% of earners in the World not just the USA. The World. The top earners in the World all sit around and figure out how to Wring as much as they can out of us.
Who said I voted for Trump? He absolutely is not one of us, he is one of them. He has his own political agenda just like every other person to enter the White house. When People outside the USA hear America first You are thinking country, we are thinking American People. The political structure in America is lal driven by Greed and rich people with money that buy elections to further their cash campaigns. They have robbed us blind for years. Trumps message is to return the people to power and is flipping the Bird to the criminal politicians and the media that spins the stories. Whether he has the experience or not is not relevant to the joy I get seeing all of our dirty politicians getting their Knickers in a twist.

"You seem certain that it's everyone else that fails to see past the trees, not you. How can you be so sure? Is it the 'liberal media' that are spinning the facts or the illiberal president? Where do you get your facts from that you can be so sure they're true?"

The media is owned by Rich one percenters. They report to benefit their agendas. Always have and always will. Tell me you haven't heard something on the news that sniffed of Pure BS? I have seen the same story reported differently in different countries depending on what the people want to hear. I am Certain that I am not the only one who thinks this way. I am not alone in the trees.

"I don't think anyone would disagree that the elite classes are the elite classes and that's not fair, but where your stance baffles the rest of the world is that Trump is one of them. He was born one of them. He couldn't be more one of them."
You are absolutely correct. I don't believe I said he was a common folk. He has an agenda. How he is spinning it has all of the politicians including those in his own party in a twist.

"To most people it's really F****** weird that you can't see that and that you think his presidency will be anything other than a disaster."

In America He won the electoral vote and became President and came very close to winning the Popular vote. I can't agree with your statement that MOST of the people disagree when pretty close to half of the country voted for him. How big of a disaster can it really be? Our country is in shite shape now. A great portion of the world hates us, because of what our government has been doing in the world for years. Trying to manipulate it like a puppet on a string for cash gain. GW started a war then brought in Haliburton on a blank check to clean it up. Billions of dollars were spent with Haliburton. Guess who owns a HUGE (Like Trump voice haha joke page) portion of Halliburton? GW's dad former President. How many people died making those Billions is the real disaster.

Time will tell. I for one am enjoying the show. This guy knows how to run a business a hotel a golf course a whatever Dues made a lot of money running business (he inherited a pretty great start) He wants to run the country like a business. Its got a lot of people upset and they are working the media to the hilt to create propaganda. I for one will shut up and watch the show.
MT
DDK rules my life!

Post by MT »

When Sam says 'most people' I think his sample size was the World, not the US.

Your country's in shite shape is it? Take a look at ecomonic growth, unemployment, mean income stats, and compare to the rest of the World.

And it would be OK to 'watch the show' if not for the harm, deaths and mayhem that he can create for the rest of us - to the World's flora and fauna as well as its humans.

How big a disaster can it be??? Unfortunately bloody big in my view.

This is for real not an episode of the Apprentice FFS

Mick
Last edited by MT on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Creativity is the product of time wasted' Albert Einstein

1972 RHD 2.4E (ex Bob Watson racer - now in original Tangerine)
1966 LHD swb (Doctors car - now with Mrs. Ferrari in Madrid)
1966 TR4A (now sold and replaced by 1990 944 turbo)
1966 S2a Landrover
alastairp
DDK above all

Post by alastairp »

That's the paragraphs taken care of then.

Just the Capital letters now, and I think we have a budding Hemingway on our hands.....

:)
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I'd like to think DDK is a haven away from Brexit and Trump discussions
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
keith fellowes
DDK forever

Post by keith fellowes »

^^^ I'm with the Boss here
andytat
DDK forever

Post by andytat »

I was getting a bit confused for a minute.
I thought this is the joke section!
Now Porsche less and sad.
3.2 Carrera Speedster (Sold and sorely missed)
3.2 Manual Cayenne (Sold)
73 2.4S (Gone to Singapore)
75 3.0l 914 (Sold)
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Bruce M »

Bootsy wrote:I'd like to think DDK is a haven away from Brexit and Trump discussions
Quite so....
Isn't that what pistonheads is for?
trdking
DDK Fanatic

Post by trdking »

alastairp wrote:That's the paragraphs taken care of then.

Just the Capital letters now, and I think we have a budding Hemingway on our hands.....

:)
I will never be a Hemingway. and this is a blog not a letter to your boss. I seldom punctuate, capitalize, paragraph etc....
trdking
DDK Fanatic

Post by trdking »

"Your country's in shite shape is it? Take a look at ecomenic growth, unemployment, mean income stats, and compare to the rest of the World."

When I spent a year in India, I ate meals at 5 star (for India) hotels for less than a dollar with beer. All is relative and by design. Salaries may be high but so is the cost of living. When pricing is set to where you have to spend everything you make to break even at the end of the month, if not go into debt, That is Shite Shape.
964RS

Post by 964RS »

He's a fuckin muppet.

Actually that's an insult to muppets.

I've watched most of his speeches the last two weeks and he is completely incomprehensible. He has the vocabulary of a 5 year old and most of the stuff he says not on the autocue is utter garbage. It's cringeworthy.

He will take the USA back 30 years and it's not going to be pleasant. The rest of the world is looking on in disgust....

He's certainly not going to make America great again. He's already made it a whole lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

mycar

Post by mycar »

Ho, I love this thread, I come over here to jokes for a bit of a chuckle and I have not been disappointed, not at all, not one little bit.

But if I could be serious for a moment, a little bit serious, just for a small while... Randy, Did you say you had cars ? Some cars, a few cars ? I hear you have some nice cars, did you post a photo yet, we love cars here, in fact we love cars more than we love watches and we love watches even more than we love politics, maybe you could post a photo or two of some cars you have. I for one would prefer that.
trdking
DDK Fanatic

Post by trdking »

mycar wrote:Ho, I love this thread, I come over here to jokes for a bit of a chuckle and I have not been disappointed, not at all, not one little bit.

But if I could be serious for a moment, a little bit serious, just for a small while... Randy, Did you say you had cars ? Some cars, a few cars ? I hear you have some nice cars, did you post a photo yet, we love cars here, in fact we love cars more than we love watches and we love watches even more than we love politics, maybe you could post a photo or two of some cars you have. I for one would prefer that.
I AM WITH YOU on that. I hate politics and politicians.
I am having difficulty posting pics here with my Mac. Not quite sure what the process is. Maybe I am too old and it knows it? Inaglasshouse was kind enough to post a few pics of my 65's in the new member topic yesterday.
Cheers to Inaglasshouse!
sladey

Post by sladey »

You have to upload the pics to a pic hosting site like Photobucket.

Then in your post you add an img link to that picture. There's a guide on doing it somewhere

I think you can post directly if you are using Tapatalk (it still works the same way but Tapatalk hides the mechanics from you and hosts the picture itself)
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah