Serge Heitz 356 "GT"

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

Maxige
DDK Fanatic

Serge Heitz 356 "GT"

Post by Maxige »

Good morning chaps, was going through the classified section on Classic Driver a couple of days ago, and found this little gem...

http://www.sergeheitz-consulting.com/av ... 7---2.html

So I called them, asked all the info about it but then kind of fainted at the price...the equivalent of 200k gbp. What surprised me even more was that the car has been up for sale only few hours before being sold to a german chap for full asking price without him even seeing the car.

What's your take on these? Looking at the quality of the work seems like the price is somehow justified...but not sure yet I'd be ready to spend that much on a 356 even tho this one ticks all the boxes for what I want!
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: Serge Heitz 356 "GT"

Post by smallspeed »

can someone tell me what colour that is? pref with a code :lol:
I think that's the colour amie always raves about..
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

'Graphite'.... :salute:

Paintcolor #5603
It's better to burn out, than to fade away
oldtimer
DDK forever

Post by oldtimer »

That is a nice looking car , and yes the colour is graphite as stated in the ad and as confirmed by Black Betty. Looks good on the curves of a 356A . It is a period colour .

As for the asking price , difficult to pitch . A real 4 cam Carrera engined A with matching numbers etc will be £750k ballpark , couple have been sold in last 2 months . I did not see any details on engine / transmission numbers so assume not matching .
So it is a GT clone , nicely done , maybe £100k to £150k tops value based on not many about and high price of an original.
The investors who pay a lot of money for originality will not be interested , if this car has sold for £200k then it is either a footballer or a lottery winner who fancies having one .

Out of interest , this car was up for sale in Germany almost 5 years ago , again asking a lot of money in relative terms close to what Speedsters were achieving at the time. http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/1957-porsche-356/
Maxige
DDK Fanatic

Post by Maxige »

oldtimer wrote:That is a nice looking car , and yes the colour is graphite as stated in the ad and as confirmed by Black Betty. Looks good on the curves of a 356A . It is a period colour .

As for the asking price , difficult to pitch . A real 4 cam Carrera engined A with matching numbers etc will be £750k ballpark , couple have been sold in last 2 months . I did not see any details on engine / transmission numbers so assume not matching .
So it is a GT clone , nicely done , maybe £100k to £150k tops value based on not many about and high price of an original.
The investors who pay a lot of money for originality will not be interested , if this car has sold for £200k then it is either a footballer or a lottery winner who fancies having one .

Out of interest , this car was up for sale in Germany almost 5 years ago , again asking a lot of money in relative terms close to what Speedsters were achieving at the time. http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/1957-porsche-356/
Everything matching on that car, and the colour was the original Graphite Grey as per Kardex, so I assume quite rare. Engine is the original one but been tuned to around 120hp. All the mods that I see are good mods to enhance driving pleasure, so not strictly original but perfect for what I want.

This one has just been completely restored and is not the same for sale in Germany on the ad you posted.

Apparently Serge Heitz does a couple of these "GT" every year and, quoting him, these are snapped almost immediately as soon as they are listed for sale.
oldtimer
DDK forever

Post by oldtimer »

Maxige wrote:
Apparently Serge Heitz does a couple of these "GT" every year and, quoting him, these are snapped almost immediately as soon as they are listed for sale.
Better get your order in then Maxige ! 8)
Maxige
DDK Fanatic

Post by Maxige »

oldtimer wrote:
Maxige wrote:
Better get your order in then Maxige ! 8)
Still trying to digest the asking price as I'm not a footballer nor a lottery winner unfortunately! ;)
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by smallspeed »

Black Betty wrote:'Graphite'.... :salute:

Paintcolor #5603
Thanks! Colour looks great on a 356.. Kind of surprising its a period colour as it looks very much like a modern-retro type colour! :)
PhilipB
DDK slapper chatter

Post by PhilipB »

I had a look at Serge Heitz's cars on their stand at last year's Retromobile. Very "blingy" would be my description. Lots of shiny repro parts and modern leather interiors. Didn't do anything for me.
Philip
left4dead
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by left4dead »

Is that the same colour as Jeremy's beautiful car?
jeremyg wrote:Image
Steve

1 x '67S, 3 x 2.4S all RHD

A privilege & pleasure to have owned them all.
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

Sure is. Graphite metallic is the correct colour name.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

And I'll accept 200GBP any day!
Ashley James

Post by Ashley James »

It's not unusual for the big collectors to refer to British Concours if cars aren't as the above 356. Serge gets his prices because the work is absolutely superb and that what top end customers want.
sng45
DDK rules my life!

Post by sng45 »

Bargain !

http://www.jzmporsche.com/porsche-for-s ... r-sale-938

But then I would say that !!!!!!
Maxige
DDK Fanatic

Post by Maxige »

Decided to go ahead and bought a full matching 1958 356 AT2 1958 that Serge Heitz had already in advanced stages of restoration.

It will be GT inspired and more or less same spec of the one posted above.

Lucky enough for the car to be originally black which would have been my choice irrespective of originality.

Should go into the paintshop later this week and finished by late March/beginning of April.

Can't wait for the project to move along!

Few pictures of the most recent status of restoration...