FS - 2.2T engine including all ancillaries, less a fan

Please add Porsche parts and anything you wish to sell here (no commercial sales)

Moderator: Bootsy

roadiesean
DDK forever

FS - 2.2T engine including all ancillaries, less a fan

Post by roadiesean »

I have decided that there is no way I am going to be able to afford to 911 up my 912, so I am selling the bits I have collected to do so, the first thing to go might as well be the engine. The engine number is 6103518, I believe that this is a 1970 2.2T, but I stand corrected.

I bought it 6 months ago from a guy who had bought it to stick in a VW Kombi but never got round to it. It was taken out of a mates 911T about 6 years ago with the intention of tidying it up and sorting out the few small leaks that it had. This never got done and the bloke replaced the engine with one from an S, remember when you used to be able to do that without selling your house !!

Anyway, I know jack about motors, so I asked Chris Flavell of Fenn Lane to take a look at the motor for me and he gave it his seal of approval and said that it could be rebuilt easily and would make a terrific motor, he said it turned over and had a good look round it.

So thats what I'm selling, the engine, all the tinware, fan shroud, newly powder coated fan (alternator ?) and everything that I bought with it. As I said, I bought it with the intention of having it rebuilt and fit to my 912, but as I am now planning on selling the 912 to buy a business, this is now a meaningless weight at the end of my garage on which I can't get my big table saw out past and against which my BSA is now stuck. I am selling it as is, with no guarantees implied or otherwise.

I am leaving on holiday on Jan 9, if interested, give me a shout. I am looking for £2400 for everything, or best offer.

I also have a set of Webers which would be a perfect match for this engine which are being restored at Carbureter Exchange at the moment if you are interested, price for separate negotiation.

tangerineT
DDK slapper chatter

Re: FS - 2.2T engine including all ancillaries, less a fan

Post by tangerineT »

Pm sent
roadiesean
DDK forever

Re: FS - 2.2T engine including all ancillaries, less a fan

Post by roadiesean »

The carbs are 1968 40IDA's for what it's worth.