New to 912 s

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

paul lomas
DDK Fanatic

Re: New to 912 s

Post by paul lomas »

Scruffy little car up date .. manic drive today up early to visit max at revival to pick up caliper top bloke , great garage and totaly awsome yank army collection was in my eliment bugger the 356 and 912s give me a armoured personel carrier any day , stop 2 drive round to type 911 shop to pick up pedel and washer nossle , by this time traffic a nightmare , then off to 911 design to pick uo some wiper blades and other bits and bobs , then off back home 360 mile round trip thanks sean for link just tire selection next head ache ,steels defo but what tires to rap them in love the skinny look of old school look any pointers peaple
912 , 64 samba ,67 early bay ,
SeanP
I luv DDK!

Post by SeanP »

Vredstein sprint classics 165/80 15 a good tyre at a reasonable price. Got mine from Camskills. Look the part also
1966 912
1969 912/6 hotish rod in build
1974 914 Dead
LI 125 Lambretta (Yeah right it’s a 125)
Mini Cooper s
paul lomas
DDK Fanatic

Post by paul lomas »

Scruffy little car update all being well floors will be in by end of the week , as usual twice as much as we expected , we ended up stiching in both sides of tunnel wall inch all around , both inside edges of heater channels , straightning all outer edges re jigging it about as years of curbing heater channel and under front wheel arch area pushed them up as much as 20 mm in nsome places ,good job shaun philpot my welding man is a metal working god , id recomend him to any body who wants any work doing on your car top bloke amazing skills roll on next wewkend getvit there then chill,and then get ghe bloody thing on the road ..
paul lomas
DDK Fanatic

Post by paul lomas »

Ps never type with no bloody glasses and a plaster on your left thumb ha, sorry for the shite grammer , must try harder next time , see you all next week for a brew .
paul lomas
DDK Fanatic

Post by paul lomas »

Scruffy little car update... 3 days off now to get this car ready for stanford hall not much to do just get the floors in underdsealed brakes back on bleed etc 1 window winder back together and window in, door cards back on ,tank flushed and engine struck up yet again seats chucked in with no carpets going to be a long few days it be there touch wood going to be the ugly duckling in the line up sorry chaps ha .
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

paul lomas wrote:Scruffy little car update... 3 days off now to get this car ready for stanford hall not much to do just get the floors in underdsealed brakes back on bleed etc 1 window winder back together and window in, door cards back on ,tank flushed and engine struck up yet again seats chucked in with no carpets going to be a long few days it be there touch wood going to be the ugly duckling in the line up sorry chaps ha .
Do worry about the ugly duckling status. I've already taken that. Most of my interior is missing and I need to sort the wheels. I think we would all rather seen scruffy cars that get driven than garage queens!
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
SeanP
I luv DDK!

Post by SeanP »

paul lomas wrote:Scruffy little car update... 3 days off now to get this car ready for stanford hall not much to do just get the floors in underdsealed brakes back on bleed etc 1 window winder back together and window in, door cards back on ,tank flushed and engine struck up yet again seats chucked in with no carpets going to be a long few days it be there touch wood going to be the ugly duckling in the line up sorry chaps ha .
Keep up the good work. With all the effort you have put in so far it would be good to see you and the car there.

You haven't seen my heap yet!

Regards

Sean
1966 912
1969 912/6 hotish rod in build
1974 914 Dead
LI 125 Lambretta (Yeah right it’s a 125)
Mini Cooper s
danny
DDK forever

Post by danny »

SeanP wrote:
Keep up the good work. With all the effort you have put in so far it would be good to see you and the car there.
you should get an award for getting there :)
'67 912
paul lomas
DDK Fanatic

Post by paul lomas »

Scruffy little car update ... blimey what a mad 3 days that was .. 3 days off work to get car to stanford , well come saturday we still had to finish floors seal them shultz them ,bleed brakes and put what interior hadnt rotted away back in get it running ... problem 1 , master cylinder fail bugger , problem 2 ended up with bit of porsche in my eye bugger , problem 3 couldnt find shultz gun . bugger problem 4 oil light etc wouldnt work arrr problem 5 running out of hours !!!!come 3 oclock saturday we , had car running door cards in seats chucked in quick blast around the yard using hand brake , bit bloody scary but what a blast , load it on tralor quick bath then set off to vicky farm to meet up with split screen van club friends . My god the amount of peaple who asked me was it for sale or can i buy it yada yada yada , could have sold it 10 times over ... woke early massive hangover ha .. headed to stamford hall , well to say i was amazed at the reaction the car got blew me away had a brilliant day was in awe of some of the cars there great to see what it should have looked like , but it dod make my mind up not to touch it thanks to all the posative comments i recieved carnt thank you guys and girls enough, now having a few days off car then back on it for mot get it registered then off to ian to wave his magic on engine going to get it set up then drive the bloody thing , after listing to tou lot and what a blast they are see you alk at rhe next show all being well ,,,, special thanks must go to my good mate shaun phipot for being as mad as me ton even think we could get it there on such a stupid deadline and a shout our for his amazing skill s with his welder check him out guys if you need any work top bloke :salute:
danny
DDK forever

Post by danny »

Two men on a mission

'67 912
paul lomas
DDK Fanatic

Post by paul lomas »

I the ugler bloke on the right :shock:
Ian Gunney
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by Ian Gunney »

how's your eye doing now Paul?
1966 912 Karmann Coupe - polo red.
1972 914/6 GT replica - 2.7 - signal orange.
1961 Standard 217 Tractor.
2003 Boxster S.
1967 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT Veloce.

http://www.redcastleclassics.com
paul lomas
DDK Fanatic

Post by paul lomas »

Bloody sore thanks had bit of metal removed yesterday at least i look half normal now , well as normal as i ever will look :cyclopsani: having a few days off the scruffy little car to re charge my batteries ha then pile into it again get it on the road and on to next meet when ever that will be
paul lomas
DDK Fanatic

Post by paul lomas »

Scruffy little car update ...after having a week off the car and a return visit 2 the eye clinic now found out i buggered my eye up :cyclopsani: lesson to us all get it checked out straight away chaps regardless .back on car tonight to sort master cylinder out and lights hopefully be done over weekend ready for mot next week :cheers:
hot66

Post by hot66 »

hopefully the eye will mend ?
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)