Question about ignition light

A dedicated area for Porsche Tractor Chat

Moderator: hot66

Tom866
DDK Newbie

Question about ignition light

Post by Tom866 »

Wonder if anyone can help. My Junior 108 ignition light seems to be acting strange. When I turn the ignition on I get one orange light at the top of the 4 light cluster that comes on. This used to go off once the tractor started. However the last time I was out on the tractor the light is on all the time. Reading the operators manual this light in a 'indication light'

However on my other junior with the same style light cluster fitted the bottom and left light come on when the ignition is turned on and then they both go out once it has started. These two lights are oil pressure and generator warning. Reading the operators manual this is working correctly.

Just wanted to know what other people's ignition lights do to try and work out what this 'indication light' is?

Below is a picture of my light cluster

vwgillybilly
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Question about ignition light

Post by vwgillybilly »

Depends how its been wired.....

On my 109 the red light is the charging light which should go out once the engine is idling as the circuit (earth) is closed by the regulator once charge is directed to the battery.

The 'clear' light is oil pressure

Green light = temperature (odd colour for a warning I know).

As a point of note the oil pressure & temperature switches also act as an additional earth for the horn so if they are 'activated' the horn sounds.

Blue = main beam.

The ignition works as below.

Key inserted = glow plug, starting, oil temp light & oil pressure light, brake lights, horn, indicators, hour meter & charging (no lights to prevent current drop on starting).

1 click = sidelights.

2 clicks = headlights.

3 clicks = main beam.

Hope this helps.

Gill.
1959 356A UK RHD AFN no. 400

1962 Porsche - Diesel Junior 109
Tom866
DDK Newbie

Re: Question about ignition light

Post by Tom866 »

Thanks Gill,

I think it could be my regulator box that is the issue. Going to have it overhauled and hopefully that should solve the problem.

Thanks again,

Tom