*** Porsche In The Glen Sunday 28th August 2016 ***

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

kitchens
DDK slapper chatter

*** Porsche In The Glen Sunday 28th August 2016 ***

Post by kitchens »

Porsche Owners

You are invited to attend the Porsche In The Glen on Sunday 28th August 2016 from 12 noon to 4 PM ** We would like all entrants to stay till after the prize giving at 3.30 ** and if you could all be on site by 11 .30 to get parked up **

Now in its 5th year and recognised as the largest show in Scotland for Porsche owners to display their cars ……. with your help we can beat last year’s record of 141 cars .

As in previous years we will have along a few trade stands and hope to welcome along Glasgow Porsche Centre .Edinburgh Watch Company .Performance Body Shop .Angelwax . Police Scotland . and more

There will be the usual attractions within Calderglen Country Park for you to enjoy as a family or just on your own talking Porsche to fellow drivers . Discounted food is available at the Courtyard Café but feel free to bring your own food and soft drinks .

Please note we would like you to be in position by 12 noon before the public arrive .We sadly may not be able to accommodate late arrivals as last year we ran out of spaces for late arrivals ..So please arrive sharp . You will be issued with a wrist band signifying you are part of the Porsche owners and gets you into the Zoo and Conservatory FREE

We will have the Best Car In Show awards but this year it will be one voting slip per entrant

Regards
Brian
brembo
DDK rules my life!

Re: *** Porsche In The Glen Sunday 28th August 2016 ***

Post by brembo »

Brian, is it a case of just turning up on the day,or do you need conformation for entry?
Regards,
Dougie

Worry is the interest on inevitability !
cobb911
Married to the DDK

Post by cobb911 »

Hi Dougie, as I understand it, it is just turn up on the day. A couple of years ago since I had a car there and at that time Brian was taking names before hand. I assume that through experience they have worked out it is just not worth the hassle as not everyone who says they are coming will come and others were turning up unannounced.
Hoping to be there myself.

Regards
Graeme
brembo
DDK rules my life!

Post by brembo »

Thanks Graeme, hopefully see you on the day.
Regards,
Dougie

Worry is the interest on inevitability !
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

Fingers crossed the weather is good. I was looking froward to this and will be trying hard to attend.
DDK#694
kitchens
DDK slapper chatter

Post by kitchens »

To all
Just turn up no need to pre book all very weather dependent as to numbers ..A bit of light rain will do you and the cars no harm so come along .
Brian
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Another record year so well done Brian, I believe the figure was over 160 without enough room for all the cars! And we had the legend that is Dario Franchitti wandering around looking at the cars 8) A big thanks to Margaret for providing my lunch AGAIN!

Spent most of my time chatting to lots and lots of new and old faces so not many pictures, but here are a few. BTW the 912 in the extreme right of the picture was a lovely restoration by a guy called Alan who will hopefully post a thread here about the car.

Of course Ian's lovely 356 was a favourite again this year

Only made better by the cool accessories

David's 912 was looking lovely

And of course Brian brought along one of his Spyders...

Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
kitchens
DDK slapper chatter

Post by kitchens »

A huge thanks to all who attended inc some DDK members .The total was in fact 170 + had to send some down to the public car park ran out of space .The White 912 shown above won first place and well deserved .
kitchens
DDK slapper chatter

Post by kitchens »

Knoxy
DDK addict

Post by Knoxy »

Given the great turnout, I couldn't have been more shocked that Helga won best car! Absolutely delighted that the 912 is gaining the recognition it deserves. :compress: :cheers:
“Change is easy. Improvement is far more difficult”. - Ferdinand Porsche.

Helga the 912 Light Ivory 1967 (same age as the missus but in considerably better nick)
Ruby the Merc - Mercedes Benz S123 200T Estate
981 Cayman (Sold)
Cayenne - (Sold)