Porsche v Pigeon - new screen needed

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

marc500
DDK addict

Porsche v Pigeon - new screen needed

Post by marc500 »

What's the latest on screen suppliers? Happened on the A40 out of London, pretty much the only part of London yesterday afternoon that wasn't gridlock.... :(

*Just a thought - would you claim on insurance for this? My gut says don't, just source the screen and pay a trusted old school fitter to pop it in. I'm very sceptical about the workings of car insurance companies and have deliberately never made a claim in 20+ years... I insure 5 cars at the moment. Aside from the excess and the NCD, I assume I'd have to say yes to the question 'have you claimed in the last year' for each renewal policy.... plus I've no control on who would fit it.
Last edited by marc500 on Sat May 28, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
101sinbad
Married to the DDK

Re: Porsche v Pigeon - new screen needed

Post by 101sinbad »

When I needed a replacement, Karmann Konnection had them

S
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Windscreen replacement doesn't usually affect NCB ...
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
marc500
DDK addict

Post by marc500 »

I just asked my insurer if claiming would increase future premiums and they said 'maybe' and likewise it might also impact the four other policies I have... you're right it doesn't hit the NCB but its the fact you've claimed I guess..... hey hoo.
KS

Post by KS »

Watch out in the future... I once phoned my insurance company and asked about repair to some vandal damage, but decided not to make a claim. When it came to renewal time, I discovered it had been noted that I'd enquired about making a claim, and my premium adjusted as it was based on 'risk not actual payouts'... I went elsewhere.
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

KS wrote:Watch out in the future... I once phoned my insurance company and asked about repair to some vandal damage, but decided not to make a claim. When it came to renewal time, I discovered it had been noted that I'd enquired about making a claim, and my premium adjusted as it was based on 'risk not actual payouts'... I went elsewhere.
I wonder what they thought was going to happen when they tried that!
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
vwgillybilly
DDK slapper chatter

Post by vwgillybilly »

When mine cracked last year a place in Chesterfield literally 20 minutes from me had genuine Sigla screens in stock. I paid £180.

I can try to get you the details of the place, I don't have them off hand as the guy fitting it sorted it out.

Let me know if I can help.

Gill
1959 356A UK RHD AFN no. 400

1962 Porsche - Diesel Junior 109