Anyone got any experience of Revo remaps?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

moggy
DDK rules my life!

Anyone got any experience of Revo remaps?

Post by moggy »

Good or bad? Thinking of getting the Beetle done. It has the golf gti engine in so should have good results in the remap.
smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Re: Anyone got any experience of Revo remaps?

Post by smallspeed »

Think they're supposed to be a decent company to deal with, but I have no personal experience - I've only ever used DMS on the south coast who are excellent (although more expensive than most and only deal with certain types of cars)

Be aware that most companies in the UK use generic (car specific) maps developed in central Europe so if you can put up without a fancy website and waiting room, you may save a fair few quid using a smaller outfit like "End Tuning" and get the same result. I don't know if Revo fall into this category or not. I've not used End Tuning for remaps, but I have picked his brain a few times on ECU related things and he seems to know his stuff - he mostly lists BMW maps on his website but I'm sure he offers maps for just about anything. If not I'm sure there's a VW equivalent guy he can point you in the direction of

HTH
54Kab
DDK Fanatic

Re: Anyone got any experience of Revo remaps?

Post by 54Kab »

- good experience here. I had a Revo map installed on my Golf R a few months ago. It has transformed the car. Different league performance-wise, and better on fuel too. Win-win

8)