914 1.7 Summer Yellow

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

lennyhope
DDK forever

914 1.7 Summer Yellow

Post by lennyhope »

Not posted here for a little while. Update on this base model....

My ebay special of 3 and a half years ago (bought from Newport Beach. CA via Cyprus on blue CA plates) has just had a new master cylinder fitted and I just got myself some 914 dealer accessory coco mats NOS with tags from evil bay and at a reasonable price. Worth keeping an eye out! Just the shipping is costly from the US these days. Not entirely sure green goes with the yellow or the brown interior....but VERY 1973!

I also have the black and silver front grille trims, and hood vinyl mask (both acquired NOS ex Porsche USA dealer bling) and 5.5 optional steels and US spec hub caps.....just to be different.

I recently added some correct size and appearance side stripes from impactdecals.com. Great product and service!

Last year the 1.7 engine on FI was running a tad rough...it lasted for months and I couldn't find the issue....It ended up being bad grounds on the FI loom (touch wood). Running great now.

I have a blog on facebook called 'AutoMotiv' and you might notice a few articles I am writing as a freelancer for Classic Car Weekly. Out of complete luck, being in the right (or wrong) place at the right time....my '14 is going to do what it is good at (well , last year)....being stationary....It is being featured in 2 books in May. My Cool Convertible by Chris Haddon and The Essential Enthusiasts Buyers Guide to the Porsche 914. Photographers love bright yellow cars, well, someone has to.

It started out like this....although by the time Id taken this photo I had fitted an exhaust (Sold to me as a 914 silence but was a bus one!) and changed the tyres. The rear bumper 'tits' I have since removed as they were 74 only.
rl]

I got rid of the aftermarket 914 reflector and welded up the 10 holes left behind!! Now fitted with correct silencer, which I bought second hand but sems to be stainless steel! I also swapped the black 'chrome' rear window hoop trim (1973 only) for chrome type. I retained for the future. NOS 914 mirrrs fitted on both sides in place of cheap 'Pep Boys' turbo mirrors.

The rest of the fleet:
914 World 'Car of the Month' (June 2015)
My Cool Convertible by Chris Haddon (May 2016)
The Essential Enthusiasts Guide to the Porsche 914 by Richard Gooding (June 2016)

Other Cars: 2003 Nissan Cubic; 2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
KAS.750
DDK addict

Re: 914 1.7 Summer Yellow

Post by KAS.750 »

I really like it on the steels Andy.