Aga Blue 67S

Ongoing and archived Porsche (and other marques) restoration threads from DDK members

Moderator: Bootsy

MarkIII
I luv DDK!

Re: Aga Blue 67S

Post by MarkIII »

visualfx wrote:Quite a Journey Mark and love the completed package together. :)

Thought you might like this clip taken during the dash moments we had :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_KC6S_gdf0

Garry

Thanks Gary, cool video. The dash issue when it materiliased was not much fun, credit to you and your skills for saving it, saved me a a fortune in potentially having to find an original replacement and managed to keep my build on track.

A lot of the credit for my interior has to go to Garry from saving as much of the material on the front seats as possible to going along with my ideas of aging corderoy material for the seats, to rectifying my original dash when upon fitting it was evident that it had been cut down my its previous owner when installing a roll cage in the car.

At very short notice the dash was couriered back to Garry's shop/ Luckily he had another customers RHD 67 dash to use as a template, he painstakingly built both ends back up to ensure it would snuggly fit back into the car. All of this with no notice, he managed to turn the dash around in 48 hrs and even took time out of his weekend to swing past the shop where the car was being rebuilt on his way to Silverston dropping the dash off and dry fitting it into the car.

Cannot recommend Garry enough superb service and always willing to have a chin wag about ideas / options on any part of your restoration. Cheers Garry
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: Aga Blue 67S

Post by inaglasshouse »

MarkIII wrote:Cannot recommend Garry enough superb service and always willing to have a chin wag about ideas / options on any part of your restoration.
Also, if you are thinking of an LA trip in March: I hear Garry offers a no-hassle taxi service for the duration of the visit, so his travelling companions can get s***-faced every evening. Ask him, he loves to help. :wink:
Cheers, Richard.