Aga Blue 67S

Ongoing and archived Porsche (and other marques) restoration threads from DDK members

Moderator: Bootsy

Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Aga Blue 67S

Post by Darren65 »

Love what you're doing Mark......one very cool car 8)

'Mark's 67S'..........that has a nice ring to it! :wink:

Congrats
sladey

Aga Blue 67S

Post by sladey »

Nice job on those seats - cool stuff. I wonder if you could have put them on sunbeds to achieve the same result in a shorter time (or if you live in a rainier climate)
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

Excellent approach to your car's renovation Mark ... :cheers:
Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Dammit
DDK Newbie

Post by Dammit »

Bit of an odd one, but: your project inspired the paint for my latest bike:

Very much enjoyed following your restoration - looks great.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Nice bike ! 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
MarkIII
I luv DDK!

Post by MarkIII »

Great looking bike

Hopefully will have some pictures of a finished car towards the end of this week...... picking her up at the weekend if all goes well
MarkIII
I luv DDK!

Post by MarkIII »

So for a number of reasons my car never made it to Headingham which was disappointing, a few last minute glitches were encountered which a lot of people restroring cars have probably experienced at one time or another.

The rev counter didnt work and the engine was not running to well so i travelled up to Headingham in the daily driver which was a big anticlimax if i am honest. Based on experience and feedback from Gary and GDC and other members i then contacted Nick Fuljames to see if he could take a look at the engine and identify what was causing my running issues, we were pretty certain that the car just need thorough tune up and fueling sorted out. As you can imagine Nick's skills are highly sort after so i had to wait a while for him to pop over and look at the car. Well last week he made his way to Gary's and worked his magic. The car is now running really well and he commented that it was a strong motor and was a lot of fun. The Carburettors do need an overhaul as the throttle spindles are worn in the main bodies and are letting in air. So a job for early in the new year.

So i made my way up to Milton Keynes on sat morning, picked the car up and have not stopped driving her since. After a 2 year restoration it took a few miles to get use to driving her again but after a few miles under my belt i opened her up and had a fun drive back down to the south east. The sound coming from behind certainly seemed a lot better than i can remember so i think fitting headers and the new exhaust have resulted in the sound i was looking for.

Well pleased with the final product, My plan was to restore my 67S with a sports purpose feel and certainly think the stance and end product matches my brief....

redrobin911
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by redrobin911 »

looks perfect......
65 911 FIA race car
66 911 RHD restoration
67 911S LHD
74 911 Carrera 2.7 US Spec
79 Aistream Excella 28 MH
97 Bimota Vdue
14 KTM 690R Duke
83 RD350 YPVS
08 Ducati M900
00 Ducati 996SPS
944 T, 3.2 RSR, GT3 - SOLD
MarkIII
I luv DDK!

Post by MarkIII »

Interior was always one of the key aspects of my project and i am pretty pleased with how its turned out especially the seats, the drivers sport bucket seat with the slightly faded corderoy is a pleasure to sit in and the sports recaro looks pretty good to. I was hoping to fit all the original vinyl that i was able to source back in the car but it became quite clear early on that some of the pieces were just to far gone or just were way off fitting so ended up having to replace the original parcel shelf and recover the rear qtr panels. The rear seats driver / passenger door panels and upper door trim pieces are all original and together with the finish on the front seats i am well pleased with how its turned out.

I am not a photographer so the best i can do with my Samsung, Looks even better in the flesh

some close ups of the driver sport bucket seat, if you look carefully you will see the off white rivets which are the original ones which would have been used back in the day, these were kindly donated by an earlysregistry member.

Passenger seat

Front door cards

Rear seats

A few of the luggage bay

I have a few minor finishing touches for the interior that i need to sort out, i have an original radio delete plate which is nicely faded which needs fitting once i source the right rivets, and i am also on the look out for a set of front rubber mats, if anyone has any ideas of what i could use let me know, the only ones i can find are sets of LHD mats from Stoddards at nearly $1k...
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

A wonderful project, nicely executed with great detail and with a stunning result 8)

Congrats Mark, you can be justifiably proud of your glorious car......simply stunning! :drunken:
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by 23e Heure »

Awesome result! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: You must be on top of the world!

Fingers crossed for a dry and sunny autumn, to provide max opportunity to have some fun.

Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh.
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
MarkIII
I luv DDK!

Post by MarkIII »

Darren, James, Thanks for the kind comments

Relieved that the car is finished and I can hopefully put some miles on her over the next month or so

Hopefully a few road trips are part of my plans for next year, so may well bump into you guys at some point, not sure if my 2L will be able to keep up with your cars.....

Cheers
Mark
defianty
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by defianty »

Fantasic! Great looking car and I just love Aga blue. Happy driving!
Stephen

1973 914 3.0 GT Build Progress
1974 TR6

914 Rear Alignment Shims
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Stunning, a quality Resto with some lovely touches, patina etc

Just wonderful
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
911GP
DDK forever

Post by 911GP »

Absolutely awesome, Mark. I really like the vintage colour and patina on the steering wheel. Well done.
Kind regards
Gitesh