New Member saying hi

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

Po-Boy
DDK Newbie

New Member saying hi

Post by Po-Boy »

Hi DDK, I've just joined the club, I live in Brighton UK and have a 1973 911E targa which is much loved and often driven.

I look forward to navigating around the site and getting a few tips along the way. I found out about DDK when I bought the car seven years ago. The car was restored by Canford Classics, Alan Drayson who blogged the restoration process on DDK during 2006. Mine's SPP 4L that was Royal Purple, now Gemini Blue. BTW if Alan ever sees this, I completed the research of former owners and there's no sign of the Babysham girl! Just an anonymous company as the first owner (and not an ad agency etc), so doesn't look like it has the exotic past you'd hoped...

SO I have one question, should my air cooled 911 be juddering while accelerating in 2nd and 3rd, only when its hot? As the first air cooled car I've had, I don't know if all air cooled cars do that when they get hot or is my engine in need of some attention? Answers on a postcard...

1973 911 2.4E Targa
hot66

Re: New Member saying hi

Post by hot66 »

Welcome :)

Should not judder when hot or when cold
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
hughes73
DDK above all

Post by hughes73 »

Welcome and hello from another ex Royal Purple owner.
1972 RHD 911T
2002 Caterham 7 Roadsport (ex Academy)
Arfor Jones
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Arfor Jones »

Hello and welcome.

I am interested in the registration number of your car - it comes from the same registration area as my car (mine is FPP) and am wondering if the first owner of both cars was the same person. I know that the first owner of my car changed his cars regularly - whenever a new model became available. Would you care to exchange that information?

PM me if you prefer.

Arfor.
1969 911 T
One of the first B Series (LWB) cars