For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Rebuild update

Post by neilbardsley »

Keep it, at least, long enough to come on the flat four drive this year

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
shandyhaggis
DDK rules my life!

Re: Rebuild update

Post by shandyhaggis »

Thanks folks thats very much appreciated.

Ive been racking my brains to see how I can keep it and have another car that I would be happy to use more regularly. At the moment taking the car to a 914 meet or a show is all Id really want to use the car for (yes sad I know). Ive a double garage and its a bit, well it could be organised better. One brain wave is to find a way of pushing the 914 to the side/corner of the garage to make more space and then have a 'daily/regular' car in the 914s spot.

Does anyone use wheel dollies to help move their car into a tight space for storage, or has anyone got any cool storage ideas so they can get 2 cars in the garage plus all the man tool paraphernalia in as well?

I hate a tight garage, Id rather have more workspace but reorganising is an option.

Im currently hankering over a gen 1 996 as a runaround. I had one in the mid 2000's for a while and took it up to 140k on the clock before letting it go. I loved it. Not everyone's cup of tea but just as a really nice car to drive it was ace. Spent a ton of money on it but now I have some basic spannering skills and more time on my hands having one might be a nice rolling project.

Also I've some time free at the moment so if anyone needs help with their 914 restoration or help doing bits and bobs if I know how to fix it I'm happy to help.

Thanks

Andrew
1976 914 2.0 (Orange now without Brown flecks)
2016 BMW X3 3.0d
2020 Globe Car 640 Summit