Mitsubishi Outlander Phev

The place to post images of your other cars.

Moderator: Bootsy

Helen
Events Organiser

Mitsubishi Outlander Phev

Post by Helen »

Well i never ever expected to like it, but i do.
Its really comfy on long runs, while it'll never compete with Porsche for speed, its plenty fast enough for today busy roads. And its really cheap to run.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Mitsubishi Outlander Phev

Post by Darren65 »

No doubt a great vehicle........I expect its mother thinks it's pretty! :shock:

Hello Helen :)
jb
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by jb »

Good to have you back Helen!
I must admit it is not pretty but that may not be the most important thing after all I am contemplating swapping my tdi for an environmentally sound Prius!
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by KS »

jb wrote:I am contemplating swapping my tdi for an environmentally sound Prius!
Oxymoron when you consider the pollution generated by the power stations required to supply the electricity needed to top up the batteries, plus the 'end of life' problem associated with the batteries once they're dead. :drunken:

Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

Have to confess i'm with keith on this one. But its hubby's company car & they are playing/developing with the idea of alternative ways of charging electric cars.
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
alastairp
DDK above all

Post by alastairp »

I am two weeks into an Audi A3 eTron company car; a plug-in hybrid with 150hp 1.4 petrol turbo engine and 100hp electric motor driving thru' an automatic transmission.

I have to say, this is an absolutely amazing vehicle which, as an arch sceptic, has vastly exceeded my expectations.

My daily commute is 27 miles each way. I can almost do this on a full charge with the petrol used resulting in around 170mpg - less than 1 litre for the trip.

I have now done more than 650 miles and the fuel gauge is still showing half a tank.

I am in the process of building a new house which will incorporate solar panels etc, so I expect to be generating at least part of my electricity usage from green sources in the near future.

I am not a tree hugger, indeed have been a sceptic of much of the environmental movements proposals, but have come to recognise the need to reduce our impact on the planet and adopting new technologies has got to be the way forward.

With the latest VW revelations, diesel is clearly not the answer.