Pre-A International

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Pre-A International

Post by Hugo 356 »

Some shots from the Pre-A International hosted in the New Forest by Jon Devereux & Amanda Hall.

Nice Carrera Panamericana tribute

Robert Brocker's beautiful black split window Coupe refused to start on Friday morning. Assuming a flat battery we tried to bump start but the engine wouldn't turn. The problem was traced to fuel in the cylinder resulting in hydraulic lock. Dan Penfold leapt into action Friday night removing the spark plugs and turning the engine over to expel a fountain of fuel from the cylinder. Plugs back in, the engine started on the button ready for the run to the Goodwood Revival early the next morning

One of only 2 pre-A Carreras built

'51 right hand drive Earl's Court Motor Show car

maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Pre-A International

Post by jeremyg »

Some very special cars there. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Rhd 51 has to be one of the first?

Sent from my UP520 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

I was speaking to Hendrik in the bar about that (so correct me if I've got any of the details wrong Hendrik!)

Connaught Engineering imported 5 cars to the UK prior to AFN taking over the franchise. This Coupe and a Cab (which appeared in all the magazines some years ago and now resides in Malaysia) were numbers 1 & 2 and shown at Earl's Court, and Henrik's cab was the 5th.
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
Hendrik Moulds

Post by Hendrik Moulds »

Connaught Engineering imported the 2 Earls Court Show cars and Colborne Garage sold the other 3 before AFN began selling them.
Great to see you and the car again Hugo.
Was a fantastic meeting, one of if not the best I've been to.
(Formally 356ist)
Membership #: 356!
1953 Cabriolet
1959 Coupe (Sold)
1961 Notchback
1961 Sunroof Coupe (Sold)
1962 Coupe (Gone, but not forgotten!)
ALL RHD OF COURSE!
912uk

Post by 912uk »

yep I popped along with my wife to take a look at a few of the cars in the 12.. Good to catch up for a chat Hendrik. That ball has started rolling again :wink: already cost me £500 this week already :lol:
Hendrik Moulds

Post by Hendrik Moulds »

912uk wrote:yep I popped along with my wife to take a look at a few of the cars in the 12.. Good to catch up for a chat Hendrik. That ball has started rolling again :wink: already cost me £500 this week already :lol:
Excellent to hear Mark. :)
(Formally 356ist)
Membership #: 356!
1953 Cabriolet
1959 Coupe (Sold)
1961 Notchback
1961 Sunroof Coupe (Sold)
1962 Coupe (Gone, but not forgotten!)
ALL RHD OF COURSE!
912uk

Post by 912uk »

yep.. I'm even selling a car :? ( space to work then ) :shock:
912uk

Post by 912uk »

now you can see why I don't like this colour! it blends into the back ground !!!! where I live is LOTS of country roads!

I like that very light metallic green
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

912uk wrote:yep.. I'm even selling a car :? ( space to work then ) :shock:
Selling? I thought I would see you give up a kidney first. Which one? The 912 in front of the 356?
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

I know what you mean about blending into the country background, but personally I love that colour. What is it called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
912uk

Post by 912uk »

Neil, Don't panic! I am looking to sell the Mercedes and one of the 944's I just don't have the bug anymore.

I am then working on shifting next year the 65 912. Either buy a 968 or a 997 with 4 VW T5's in the fleet work comes first :-) I am doing every thing in my will power not to buy my mates dad's 997 at the moment, as much as I want it I need space more than anything in my life. Need to get the Classic v Modern Porsche balance right and down to 3 cars rather than 13 :lol: Im just not as committed ( poss the right word! ) to the whole car thing anymore. This way I can throw money at the Pre A, get back to what makes me money with more time on my hands my company and property.

May be then I will buy some thing classic again, but I doubt it will be Porsche some thing different, life is not all about Porsche.. :wink: I quite fancy a Straight 6 50's Yank.. I have first dibs on a Hudson with a mate of mine.