Headingham - Classics at the Castle 2015

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

Hendrik Moulds
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Headingham - Classics at the Castle 2015

Post by Hendrik Moulds »

Ian 2.2S wrote:
Hendrik Moulds wrote:I know what people are saying about the lack of cars and displays, but for me that's not and never has been the point of going. It must also be incredibly difficult to persuade people to bring their race cars too.

For me it's meeting the people (even you Jason) and if it costs £25 and a four hour drive each way for that then I'm in every time.
This year was one of my favourites as on top of meeting lots of people I got to buy a load of PreA parts, a first in the 8 times I've done it. :)
Was that from Robin (faded yellow preA)? I only saw him just before we about to leave and only had a brief chat, but he mentioned he had emptied somebody's pockets :)
Nah, he probably thought he did as I was first in there and bought quite a bit but he'll have to bring more trinkets than that to clean me out! :wink:

Have learnt the hard way from when Eric Studer had his first stall, cleaned me out twice over and then some! Had to go to his house to pay him the rest and pick up the parts. Thought I might be there a couple of hours, six hours later I had to prise myself away (it was 11pm) as I had to drive back to Leeds from his house and work the next day! I think my mistake was when he asked me if I wanted a cup of tea and I said yes.... :)

Felt good to spend some money this year though.
(Formally 356ist)
Membership #: 356!
1953 Cabriolet
1959 Coupe (Sold)
1961 Notchback
1961 Sunroof Coupe (Sold)
1962 Coupe (Gone, but not forgotten!)
ALL RHD OF COURSE!
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

mycar wrote:I did wonder what that 997 C4 was doing there. It contained an elderly couple who appeared to be picnicking, seemingly oblivious to all that was happening around them. :)
I noticed exactly the same thing. Bit like spot the odd one out !!

I thought the auction was interesting. I don't go to auctions very often and would never get that many Porsches in one auction in any case. As several people have pointed out prices did seem relatively low, but I think this just confirms how we have all been conditioned by reports of astronomical prices by the same auction/market report produced by the same people who have an incentive to talk up the market by highlighting only the top priced items. I was personally relieved to see that prices were slightly more realistic. Just look on ebay, Pistons Heads, and see what real cars sell for to real people. It does show that auction estimates count for very little. Amazing how many cars sold for a lot less then the estimate range which tells you that reserves were set well below the 'marketed' price ranges and probably a lot more realistic. Anyone who bought a car probably felt they got a bargain - That shows that the conditioning worked then :wink:
There were enough Porsche enthusiasts there to tell you that the prices reached were a fair market values. I hope :) That's not to say that some one off cars have sold at auction for silly one off prices when 2 bidders with balls bigger than brains got into a whose dick is bigger contest.

I just enjoyed sitting down for an hour out of the baking sun with a free glass (or 4 :shock: ) of champagne :lol:

I agree the parade was a bit of a wet squib. I was at the top of the hill by the castle. I did love the official in a vest who kept warning people that there were some very powerful cars coming and they needed to step back as if they would suddenly appear at 100mph :lol: Mores the pitty that they didn't :roll: A bit of drama/noise wouldn't have been amiss

Good to see everyone and look forward to the next time.
I do wish we had more DDk get togethers especially with a bit of driving like we did in North Yorks earlier this year. That was great.

Andrew
Last edited by amallagh on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
'72 914/6GT (first love!)
'66 SWB 911 (now sold but still prostituting itself as a rally car rental for HERO)
'73 911 2.7RS
'73 911 2.8RSR (some time in the near future)
'67 911R 2.0 twin plug (sometime, maybe, never?)
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
three50six
DDK Fanatic

Post by three50six »

Hi All, good to see you Bootsy, hope your other half is better now.

All my photos are on my projects page here>>> http://three50six.co.uk/automotive-projects/

Website - http://www.three50six.co.uk
Instagram
- https://www.instagram.com/three50six/
____ ___ __ _
1956 356
1971 911T
2006 911
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Likewise Tom, good to catch up
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

Nice images and website Tom 8)

Chris
# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
jeremyg
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by jeremyg »

Best set of pictures I've ever seen from Hedingham Tom. Real atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

jeremyg wrote:Best set of pictures I've ever seen from Hedingham Tom. Real atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, lovely shots
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
three50six
DDK Fanatic

Post by three50six »

Thanks very much Chris, Jeremy and Tom, really appreciate that :)
Website - http://www.three50six.co.uk
Instagram
- https://www.instagram.com/three50six/
____ ___ __ _
1956 356
1971 911T
2006 911
hashman
DDK forever

Post by hashman »

A few more shots....