Introduction before delivery!

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

Tclynes
DDK Fanatic

Introduction before delivery!

Post by Tclynes »

Hello,

As a soon to be owner I thought I should introduce myself before I take delivery.

After 7 years in Norwich I am now living in West Yorkshire, working in Huddersfield and Halifax currently.

Having a car addiction problem I have owned a range of things, finishing off with being talked into getting a Lotus Exige in November which was absolutely fantastic, but without the time to track it and using it on the road seeming an easy way to lose my licence it was time for it to go and be replaced by what I really wanted, a 912.

The car in question was for sale not that far away after being imported from Pennsylvania. I was looking for a green one on steels, but this one was too good to miss so red '66 Coupe with Fuchs it is! It is currently being registered etc and with it being rubbish weather and me working most weekends this month I'm not in a huge rush (but really can't wait for it) I should have it early February.

I already have a few trips planned, with the MSA Classic in April, the south of France in July and hopefully Le Mans and a tour to the mountains of the Czech Republic when I have a week off. Hopefully I can make any meet ups and learn a thing or two along the way.

Tom

1966 912 in Red, 4 speed, 3 dial
1960 Saab 96 two stroke engined FIA race car. - built for fun if not outright speed.
2006 RRS HSE in silver, no tints, chunky tyres, the anti Essex spec
1973 BMW 2002 Baur Targa in Yellow
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Introduction before delivery!

Post by KS »

Looks great! Welcome too DDK!
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
mycar

Post by mycar »

Welcome to DDk. :cheers:
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Welcome. We are meeting up on Sunday 3th May at Stanford Hall for the VW/porsche show for the 50th b'day of the 912. If you are free please come along. There is a thread in here.
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Tclynes
DDK Fanatic

Post by Tclynes »

Thanks for the welcome, I'd love to come to the classic if there is space for a '66 coupe, I've just been swapped off working that weekend and the other half is in A&E so a weekend with the car seems ideal, anyone else heading to Donnington Historic as well?
1960 Saab 96 two stroke engined FIA race car. - built for fun if not outright speed.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Welcome to Ddk, nice Twelve
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Ian Gunney
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by Ian Gunney »

I'll be going to Donington on the Saturday with my red 66 '12!

Good choice of car!
1966 912 Karmann Coupe - polo red.
1972 914/6 GT replica - 2.7 - signal orange.
1961 Standard 217 Tractor.
2003 Boxster S.
1967 Alfa Giulia Sprint GT Veloce.

http://www.redcastleclassics.com
mycar

Post by mycar »

I had a quick look at this car and came away not knowing whether it was mot'd or not.

Has the vendor taken care of that for you ?

Regards, Mike.
Last edited by mycar on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

welcome :)

Good to see another ddker up north :)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Tclynes
DDK Fanatic

Post by Tclynes »

Mycar, yes thats why it's not ready for collection for a few weeks it's being serviced, MOT 'd and registered before I get it. They usually import Jaguars and have been very good. I'm part exchanging for the Lotus and even if once I've got it I don't like it or am not happy with it's condition I can hand it back which is always reassuring. The car itself has a huge history file, it seems to have had a fastidious owner.

Ian, haven't planned which day yet but the Saturday line up looks great, have told my dad he has to make the trip in his Baur 2002.

And yes, after the flat of Norfolk I needed something good for the roads up here
Nige

Post by Nige »

That looks gorgeous.
100702mark
Married to the DDK

Post by 100702mark »

Tom,

Great looking car welcome. There are many on he far more knowledgeable than me but I'm just over the hill from you in Colne and have had my 912 almost 5 years now, having moved from a Caterham so might be able to point you in the right direction if ever you are struggling.

There are some great classic car navigational rallies in our part of the world which will get you on some truly stunning roads you wouldn't find as someone new to the area. Have a look at the Lancashire Automobile website and also the Knowdale Car Club Mini Miglia in March is normally my car's first outing of the year.

Mark
1967 912
Abarth 595 comp
Tclynes
DDK Fanatic

Post by Tclynes »

Thanks Mark, the mini miglia looks great, I'm off that weekend and the better half might be too so will put an entry form in, be nice to be shown some more of the roads around here, and get some navigation practice in.

Looks like by the time I'm back and have finished various exams and night shifts I'll get the car around the 8th of February

Tom
Tclynes
DDK Fanatic

Post by Tclynes »

In the Czech Republic this week, definitely forcing it's way to the top of road trip destinations after today's drive up to the mountains, photo doesn't do it any justice at all

Entry form is posted for mini miglia so fingers crossed. Waiting for last bits to be sorted on car, not a big issue as I have nights and a course when I get home, but can't wait to jump in it.

Tom
912uk

Post by 912uk »

very nice looking car. Good luck with it.