Books? talk to me

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

samcro
DDK addict

Books? talk to me

Post by samcro »

Any porsche book recommendations please as i need inspiration for the winter months,i already have a few but was looking for something with lots of photos of mainly early 911s,when i first got into cars,vws i had books like colin burnams air-cooled volkswagens and also keith seumes books,i have 911 love and am going to get 911x911 as it looks like a book i will always look at and may also get porsche unexpected as this looks cool so any recommendations?
cheers Andy
JB-L
DDK forever

Re: Books? talk to me

Post by JB-L »

A few suggestions for you:-
Brian Long's - Porsche 911, 63-71 & 71-77, also Porsche Racing Cars 19653-1975 are picture rich mainly sourced from Porsche archives.
Tobias Aichele's - Porsche 911 lot of detail.
Thier/Weber - Porsche Kremer Racing 66-81, loads of photographs of racing 911s.
Karl Ludvigsen - Excellence Was Expected is the Porsche history "Bible", expensive but exhaustive.
John Starkey - 911 R-RS-RSR various editions, if you like these models good reference works.

Dig deep and have fun!
I love the smell of burnt rubber and hydrocarbons in the morning, it smells of......victory.
Ian Comerford
I luv DDK!

Post by Ian Comerford »

Paul Frere has written a couple of very good ones, one racing specific, one quite generic Porsche. Sorry but can't remember the titles.

Ian
samcro
DDK addict

Post by samcro »

thanks guys will do a search.