Feroz's Day Off…...

Here you will find an archive of previous Porsche Events and other car related events

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, drummerboytom, abm914

Hugh Jorgan
Married to the DDK

Re: Feroz's Day Off…...

Post by Hugh Jorgan »

2018 ddk outing?
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Hugh Jorgan wrote:2018 ddk outing?
It's a great trip - if you are thinking about it, don't hesitate. I would be happy to share any knowledge I have of routes, hotels, restaurants etc.
The force is strong in this one ......
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

While I can't match Darren's pics or prose, here are a few additional pics I found

The gang

A Darren special

Some road shots

Despite Darren's sterling efforts, the pics and write up don't do the trip justice. The driving and scenery were great but the company, banter and laughter made the trip. The best yet.
Yellow491
Married to the DDK

Post by Yellow491 »

Some great photos there,sounded good fun,wished i could have made it.Good to see all of you waving the early 911 flag.

From the 911r imposter/insult we now have a 911t imposter,all very sad really,i bet these later cars are not so much fun and amount of required driving concentration for your trip ;)

The rs track day 9th of march,booking open,see if i can scare you this time Darren !
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

Darren65 wrote:
roadiesean wrote:Bloody hell it was you lot !!!! I was the cyclist on the Stelvio (on the way up and then down the Umbrail Pass (black bike, all dressed in black, orange helmet) taking endless pics and videos of you racing up and down !!!! You really put me off my stroke there !! I'll get the photos and vids onto google photo and upload them on here. It looked like you were having more fun than I was that day. I was sick as a dog !!!

And there was another DDK cyclist on the Stelvio that day ? Bugger me, that's a small world !!!
....small world indeed! :)

Which day and whereabouts were you? I'll probably have you on the GoPro footage, it was on most of the time!

Cheers,
13 September Darren. I have a lot of photos and some video, but I am really struggling to get them loaded. But I write for Living the Legend in Total 911 and I'm writing my article for next month and its all about you guys ! Photos as well ;-)
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

What cars exactly were they ? Two white RS's (reps or real ?) and an orange one (Feroz hotrod from memory ?)
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

A 2.7 RS, a 2.7 RS Rep and a 72 T Hot Rod (known as the Mongrel).

Would have waved if I knew you were there / it was you!
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

The Mongrel is Darrens - big build thread on here
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

Thanks guys !
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

roadiesean wrote:What cars exactly were they ? Two white RS's (reps or real ?) and an orange one (Feroz hotrod from memory ?)
Just to add to what Feroz said......the car with green script is no less than chassis number 348, a well known first 500 series genuine RHD 2.7RS, very rare car even by RS standards. Huge respect to Rob for continuing to use this very special car just as it should be and surreal to see it getting driven as hard as it ever was! 8) .......the RS rep with black script is again another very special car with a hot 2.8 litre Neil Bainbridge engine and whole bunch of genuine RS parts; a detailed very well built car that goes like a rocket (especially in Feroz's hands!)......the full spec of my orange car can be seen here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56183 but in short it's a period built sports purpose modified 72T inspired by early race cars and loosely based on a narrow bodied ST with a 2.5 short stroke screamer in the back! :)

I think this is you on Stelvio and Umbrail.....

....credit to you, far tougher than our fun and games! :salute:

Cheers,
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON MATE !!! Yep thats me, pretty random beardy Aussie taking your photos !!! Outstanding !
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

Before I spend hours putting these on and then finding out that no one else can see them, can we see this ?

And is it possible to add video on the site ? I have a few good vids....
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

We can see this. Post away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

Yellow491 wrote:.....The rs track day 9th of march,booking open,see if i can scare you this time Darren !
....booked and very much looking forward to it Paul.......the shock kicked in the next day the last time I went around the track with you, I was unsteady on my feet for days! :drunken:

Cheers,
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

Happy boy, pre violent altitude sickness !!!

Its funny, but when I was out there looking at you guys, I had a feeling you'd be DDK'ers. So glad you had such an amazing trip, super pleased to have been a tiny part of it !