What did you do in/on/for your Porsche today?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: What did you do in/on/for your Porsche today?

Post by Bootsy »

My father was a used car dealer for many a year and I used to spend school holidays on the lot
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by neilbardsley »

Changed the fuel filter in my 356. Put a heat shield on some wires. Recharged the battery. Then took for a 10 mins drive and managed to find the grit lorry!!

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
911hillclimber

Post by 911hillclimber »

Did a tiny bit of TLC on my 3.2 engined 73T as a pre prep for the year ahead and the first start of 2024.

Bit boring I guess, but charged the 2 Bosche batteries, one id 11 months old and the other around 11 years...

Cheger on the 2023 batt and the meter went to 6 amps and withing 3 mins was down to less than 2 amps.
Connected then to the 11 year old battery, the same. The car is isolated from the batteries so expected, .

Twisted every fuse to break and corrosion that might have built up.

Will start it Monday so as not to annoy the next doors.

73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Bled the brakes and took the 2.4 out for a shakedown as it’s not moved for ages. Apart from the car pulling to the right under braking ( was doing that before winter lay up ) all is good. Forgot how lively this car can be

James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
misteralz
DDK forever

Post by misteralz »

I cleaned the Macan and tried fixing a starburst on the 964's windscreen.
Ollie
DDK forever

Post by Ollie »

Took the Christmas tree to the tip.

Image[/url]
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by RobFrost »

Ollie wrote:Took the Christmas tree to the tip.

Image[/url]
A neighbour lobbed their Christmas tree into the end of my garden last week. I say my garden, i have a small parcel of unused wild land at the foot of a buy to let, completely locked in by four neighbours. A couple of new builds were built backing on to it and had until recently been sitting empty. On seeing the tree, and knowing the neighbours there are new, and with all my might, I picked it up and launched it straight back over the hedge.

My thinking is... if you're dealing with a dick you might as well be a dick back. I didn't have time to go round the front door, have a confrontation, have them deny it and end up taking their crap to the tip for them. Start as you mean to go on and show them you're not going to take their crap.

As I returned to my property proper, an "oi mate" came back through the hedge. "What's this?" they said.

"It's your Christmas tree" I replied... "I'm just returning it to you."

"It's not ours" they said. "Ours is here."

I have to admit, i did not actually witness the tree come over from their side with mine own eyes. So I took the few steps up to a spot of elevated land where the hedge is thin enough to get over to take a look, and sure enough, my new neighbour was standing there with additional conifer material.

I asked if I could come over, I entered the garden and sure enough, he was able to satisfy me that his own Christmas tree was still on his own property. More to the point, it became evident that he was an eminently reasonable chap and thinking myself a good character judge, I was starting to think there was only one "dick" in this situation, and it was not him.

"In that case" I said, "I'm sorry for being a dick about jt and I'll take this one back. Anyway, I'm your new neighbour. Pleased to meet you. By the way, can I interest you in this lovely parcel of land?"

Sadly, he did not want the parcel of land.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

Squeaky...

# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

First local coffee meet of the year. Cold but a good turn out :)

Sam

Post by Sam »

jury wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:15 am Squeaky...
Race car soundtrack.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Simon Rudge
DDK forever

Post by Simon Rudge »

Took the engine out, got a cylinder head issue going on. Will whip it apart on Saturday for full diagnosis!
Simon

1970 911T (with E motor)
1978 Moto Guzzi 850T3
daily whatever parts chaser.
jury
I need to get out more!

Post by jury »

Made some flaps...

# 465

1967 912 Polo Red
1968 912/11 RAL 7001 ' MOD ROD '
1990 964 C2 Velvet Red
1991 VW Vanagon GL (SOLD - Vanagone)
2017 Coleman CT200U

“It’s not where you’re from, it's where you’re at”
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

RobFrost wrote:
Ollie wrote:Took the Christmas tree to the tip.

Image[/url]
A neighbour lobbed their Christmas tree into the end of my garden last week. I say my garden, i have a small parcel of unused wild land at the foot of a buy to let, completely locked in by four neighbours. A couple of new builds were built backing on to it and had until recently been sitting empty. On seeing the tree, and knowing the neighbours there are new, and with all my might, I picked it up and launched it straight back over the hedge.

My thinking is... if you're dealing with a dick you might as well be a dick back. I didn't have time to go round the front door, have a confrontation, have them deny it and end up taking their crap to the tip for them. Start as you mean to go on and show them you're not going to take their crap.

As I returned to my property proper, an "oi mate" came back through the hedge. "What's this?" they said.

"It's your Christmas tree" I replied... "I'm just returning it to you."

"It's not ours" they said. "Ours is here."

I have to admit, i did not actually witness the tree come over from their side with mine own eyes. So I took the few steps up to a spot of elevated land where the hedge is thin enough to get over to take a look, and sure enough, my new neighbour was standing there with additional conifer material.

I asked if I could come over, I entered the garden and sure enough, he was able to satisfy me that his own Christmas tree was still on his own property. More to the point, it became evident that he was an eminently reasonable chap and thinking myself a good character judge, I was starting to think there was only one "dick" in this situation, and it was not him.

"In that case" I said, "I'm sorry for being a dick about jt and I'll take this one back. Anyway, I'm your new neighbour. Pleased to meet you. By the way, can I interest you in this lovely parcel of land?"

Sadly, he did not want the parcel of land.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Was the Christmas tree dropped from a helicopter?

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by RobFrost »

neilbardsley wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:29 amWas the Christmas tree dropped from a helicopter?
The land is actually bounded by five neighbours. One property is a vacant newbuild, one is the new incoming neighbour (who I am now satisfied was not the culprit), one is my tenant and all the others I know. I took the assumptive leap that it wouldn't be somebody known to me, as we're all on good terms. The tree was freshly cut and having asked my tenant if they noticed who had a healthy Christmas tree in the ground and removed it, they were less than convincing. I'm fine with it being them (if it is). I can handle the odd tidy up job in exchange for staying on good terms and having regular rent coming in. But if it's a neighbour I was keen to send a signal the act couldn't be repeated without consequences.
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
Sam

Post by Sam »

But if it's a neighbour I was keen to send a signal the act couldn't be repeated without consequences
I can quite imagine the escalation here.

This Christmas it’s one tree, next year it’s two. By 2027 all the neighbours are doing it. Then those celebrating other religious festivals might get involved and before you know it your garden is piled high with menorahs, left over Eid pastries and rangoli detritus.

Send a message. Chop up the tree in a shredder, portion it out and post it through everyone on the street’s letterbox.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.