Pre-A Outlaw replica.

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Re: Pre-A Outlaw replica.

Post by Hebster52 »

Like this...

Also started making the fiberglass sheet patches for the front inner wheelwells... Now mounted with screws to the steel panels. Just need some resin and fiberglassing to close them to the body....

Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Long time without any progress... Got some fiberglass work done the past week though. Started molding the panels to the body. Had to make a lowtech jig just to make sure the righthandside gets the same curve as the lefthandside. Seems like the body have sagged some at the A-pillar during all the years in storage before me. Now it is fixed though. :D

Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Did a paintcode test a few weeks ago with an interesting result.. Well not that unexpected as I used a cheap primer under the topcoat... Anyhow it looks kind of cool with the crackled paint.... :D

But all-in-all I'm convinced that this will be the final colour for the car anyways!!! :love9:

Robneal
DDK above all

Post by Robneal »

Hebster52 wrote:Did a paintcode test a few weeks ago with an interesting result.. Well not that unexpected as I used a cheap primer under the topcoat... Anyhow it looks kind of cool with the crackled paint.... :D

But all-in-all I'm convinced that this will be the final colour for the car anyways!!! :love9:

Love the colour...will look very smart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Hmm.. This project is offered for sale as it sits. Price is from 14k€ up along with the progress.. Still working on it now and then...

This week I got the new slightly taller and softer frontstruts finished.

Also started cutting the final remains of the old innerpanels. Needs away to make room for proper innerpanels instead.

Rightside cut.

Left side yet uncut.

When I get the new innerpanels done the body will become more weatherproof when finished... Keeping the driver and passenger dry even in heavy rain... :D
Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

New 6cm taller front struts with softer springs (120lbs) done. Now it will have some suspension too as the shorter were so stiff it would have been softer with a straight steelbar... :D

Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Been working on some detailing of the new firewall etc. in front of the dash... And could cut out the last remains of the old firewall...

Also started patching the holes above A-pillar... Want to detail that area so it looks like on real 356's.. Usually the first thing that you see that gives away that it is a replica...

Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Bought a 50-52 hoodhandle in rawcast from the manufactor last month. Just needed some grinding and polishing... :)

Also bought the front and rear scripts in same rawcasts.

(The third longer one in the background is an original brass 356BT5 that came with the parts for the car..)
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Cool stuff
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Not much but now the new frontstruts are mounted so I could drop it back down on wheels yesterday. The new frontsuspension actually works now. Previous was way too low and basically solid..

Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Testfitted the Classic Mini wipermotor. Perfect match with pre-A wiperholes! I flipped one of the wipergearhouses so wipers will work opposite to eachother just as on real Pre-A's.

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Looking great
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Oh dear. Long time without updates...

Nothing big though but been working with the doors to get them right.. Real PITA as this is no bolt-on kit...
Second attempt seems to be close so I hope this will be the final shape for doors and hinges... Fixed the skins to the doorframes with PU foam... (to me removed when I get the halves into one piece...

Last week I tested the taillights etc. in the rear. Seems to be pretty close to correct location in my opinion...

cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Love those profiled bumpers. Very smart
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Hebster52
Married to the DDK

Post by Hebster52 »

Getting warmer outside and some dry weather so I decided to pull it out and dust off the fiberglass dust. Also installed one door for adjustment.