(cheeky) suggestion for 10k / 10yr fundraiser

All the news as we aim to raise £10,000 for charity to mark our 10th year

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

smallspeed
I used to have a life, then came DDK

(cheeky) suggestion for 10k / 10yr fundraiser

Post by smallspeed »

This is really REALLY cheeky, but.. :oops:

I figured I might as well offer the money to charity first, on the off chance someone was available/willing/local/in posession a suitable form of transport (long list of asks! ) before stuffing some companies coffers!

I'm getting married at the end of March (28th - "Good Thursday") and need to get my mrs and her mum from the hotel she's staying at the night before, to the hotel where we're having our wedding. this is a distance of about 3 miles from J7 on the M40 to Great Milton in South Oxfordshire, and she needs to be in Great Milton for about 11:30
It would literally be two people who need transporting so I don't need a stretched hummer or a routemaster bus, however I think neither Amie or her mum would be too chuffed about squeezing through a roll-cage into a bucket seat!
I'm willing to make a decent donation to the DDK 10k/10yr macmillan fund, plus cover petrol costs if necessary. Amie's plan is to get a Taxi as its only a couple of miles, but figured it would be a nice surprise if I could sort out something a bit more exciting (and fitting) and thought I'd start here before phoning around local private hire companies

Any form of transport considered really - Amie's mad keen on horses, she loves cars (old and new), and both hotels have a heli-pad (although I doubt I could afford to cover the fuel for the 6 mile round trip in a chopper :lol: )

ben
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: (cheeky) suggestion for 10k / 10yr fundraiser

Post by Nige »

I could borrow the transit van from work for the weekend. Couple of upturned buckets in the back with a plank across will sort the seating arrangement.

Let me know and I can make the arrangements :)