Forum suggestion

Got an idea for the club or website then please post here

Moderator: Miggs

TheEasyLife
I luv DDK!

Forum suggestion

Post by TheEasyLife »

Can we have a Original Details section in the Members section where we can post and ask for pics of original spec parts, details etc and their fitment/look on cars. If its in the members section then there is a greater reason for joining DDK too.

To start it off, just move Mike's RSR thread from the restoration section and rename it Original RSR details. Then just send Mr Lipman round to Keiths in Staffs for an original 73E sporto.

Joking aside, I wasn't sure if this is needed but then thought that you do need to know what is stock and standard to appreciate some of the subtle changes on some of the cracking original and modified cars that some of the mavericks on here own. :)

I know a thing or two about standard seats and could probably put a thread together about the difference between a 72 and a 73 standard seat with pics to show others. And I'm now learning about seatbelts too. :roll:

What does the management think?

Cheers

James
1979 SC Targa - Long term project - in storage - purchased 10/16 - last looked at it in 08/18..
Fascinated with 911 seats and induction systems!

Previously
1973 911T in Gulf Blue (with 2.4E ITB's, EFI and EDIS) - from 07 till 16. Sorely missed.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: Forum suggestion

Post by Bootsy »

Can't you ask in the 911 section or general chat?

Then we can always archive the thread in Technical

Problem with lots of sub sections is they don't tend to get used or viewed
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
TheEasyLife
I luv DDK!

Post by TheEasyLife »

Yes you can but you then have to search through lots of pages to see if you can find the one piece of detail that you wanted. I struggle with this and having looked at the Originality and History section on 914world.com, really liked the idea.

This way you'd be able to see original pics of most sections of a 911/2/4/tractor and potentially gain more DDK revenue to pay for web site bandwidth/etc.

Just a thought.

James
1979 SC Targa - Long term project - in storage - purchased 10/16 - last looked at it in 08/18..
Fascinated with 911 seats and induction systems!

Previously
1973 911T in Gulf Blue (with 2.4E ITB's, EFI and EDIS) - from 07 till 16. Sorely missed.
964RS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 964RS »

A Members 'Model Reference' section would be good. I'm sure that it wouldn't take long for the likes of Andy, Mike B, Hendrick etc to post some pics of models they know are accurate and correct together with a few words of description on how they differ from standard/other models?

Then again it may already be in technical....I've never looked in there! :(
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Happy to create one if people thinks there's a need

I think it would need an agreed format e.g year,
Model etc as the title

I do think it will end up as another place to just chat though

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
grannysmith
DDK forever

Post by grannysmith »

I like the sound of that, albeit selfishly!

I wouldn't be in any position to contribute but would find the info helpful and interesting as I become more of a "rivet counter"

I see your point Thomas about another place to chat so to further the burden how about a Model Reference plus a Model Reference Discussion :shock:
Mick

'72 Targa 2.4T/E in Chartreuse

My Google search bar knows two words and they both begin POR..
myatt1972
DDK rules my life!

Post by myatt1972 »

I'd be more than happy to contribute although Darren has more pics of my 911 than I do :shock:
Keith...

73 911e sporto
73 914 2.0l
86 928s S2
85 Mazda Rx7 (TWR)
85 Mazda Rx7
The Bonser fork truck
Volvo V40 T4 (200bhp workhorse)
Darren65

Post by Darren65 »

I was just about to post a specific radio question and then thought of this thread.

It would be good if there was a reference library for all manner of things although do agree with Thomas that it could just become another place to chat - like this thread! :roll:

If it were to happen there would have to be set rules with 'facts only' being posted and no replies, any inaccuracies being dealt with via PM.

Personally though I think this would become a bit like trying to herd cats - nice idea but very hard to police.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I agree Darren and we don't want to create maintenance for the sake of it

People don't use the relevant sections as it is e.g model specific, technical etc

Sam

Post by Sam »

I would like to suggest a total ban on threads about car values.

Offenders could be taken outside the village and members could then throw £2 coins at them until we get to the price of the most recent 2.4S to sell at auction.

I only say this because my poor self control means I can't help reading and contributing to the fucken things and I am wasting my life.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Oh.

I've put that in the wrong place haven't I?

It seens all the threads about the values of 2.4Ss have drained me of my ability to properly use the internet.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
Sam

Post by Sam »

*seems*
Sam

Post by Sam »

I'm going to bed now.
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

Keep taking the tablets Sam :)
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Bruce M »

Probably for the best....

& if you finished off the bottle, I can highly recommend NB Gin. Truly lovely stuff.