1952 bent screen on e-bay

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

1952 bent screen on e-bay

Post by roy mawbey »

Guys,

Have a good look at this one enlarge each photo. I guess those guys on Channel 5 could do it maybe it would take a few more days than normal. I like the teardrop lights though on this pre-A. So far just under £3k.

Http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-356-Nick-Window-from 1952-/110970809558?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19d6602cd6

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: 1952 bent screen on e-bay

Post by mycar »

Poof and it`s gone. That didn`t last long.

Mike.
mycar
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by mycar »

Oh, ok, now I see it...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110970809558? ... 26_rdc%3D1

Be interesting to see how it goes.

Mike.
roy mawbey
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by roy mawbey »

Thanks Mike!

I noticed the link I was given didn't work, looked on again and the link had changed. You were faster than me. How would you start with that just cut out the chassis number?

Roy
RHD 356A coupe super 75 106954
TLC356
DDK Fanatic

Post by TLC356 »

Wow, a rust free car! Must have been from California, but do you think it was stored on it's roof in salt water?
There is a V sunroof clip for sale from CA on various websites if anybody buys this and is interested (it is not mine). Tom
356 Registry member #15,
'65 C Cab., '55 Pre-A coupe
simon james
DDK slapper chatter

Post by simon james »

This will probably finish up somewhere in eastern europe and perhaps a nice pre A will be stolen (or already have been stolen) to order and as roy says, well, do I really have to spell it out? The cost of honest restoration, even to an "outlaw" using tons of VW bits in my opinion just isn't viable. Despite what people may say the car is worth (define "worth") done.......
I'm surprised it isn't offered with postage cost of a fiver, like a mate who bought a Mini-Cooper in a similar state. The Vin Tags turned up in the post a few days later!!!!!!

This car must have sporting pretensions as it has the ultra-rare lightweight "Dexion" Transmission hoop clinging around the VW box currently fitted so the car will roll.....BUT NOT AT THIS ASKING PRICE!!!!! (see link below!)
http://www.prewarcar.com/index.php?opti ... Itemid=434

Oh. My. God.!
It doesn't matter if you speak your mind, because those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.......!
Lusting after a 30/98, will settle for a 23/60.
streetwagens
Married to the DDK

Post by streetwagens »

TLC356 wrote:Wow, a rust free car! Must have been from California, but do you think it was stored on it's roof in salt water?
There is a V sunroof clip for sale from CA on various websites if anybody buys this and is interested (it is not mine). Tom
I saw the roof clip and thought that all the bits would make an interesting Outlaw, and saves pulling apart a decent project.

I did email the guy selling this on ebay, he asked me for an offer, this was his response:

The Price its Fun ! You are a funny Men you find Never this car Ever The condition for this Price . I m Not Dumb 1500? its The dasbord

:lol: Think I upset him! :bounce:
@Barnwest

Searching for:
‘65 4 screw horn grilles
‘65 door handles
6 miles of mig wire :lol:
49barndoor
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by 49barndoor »

streetwagens wrote:
TLC356 wrote:Wow, a rust free car! Must have been from California, but do you think it was stored on it's roof in salt water?
I saw the roof clip and thought that all the bits would make an interesting Outlaw, and saves pulling apart a decent project.

I did email the guy selling this on ebay, he asked me for an offer, this was his response:

The Price its Fun ! You are a funny Men you find Never this car Ever The condition for this Price . I m Not Dumb 1500? its The dasbord

:lol: Think I upset him! :bounce:
Why am I not surprised you would have been up for this project? :lol: